Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Wraps

-BS-

I saw a catalog for the new 'Boat Wraps' designed for the Wakesetter line at the Malibu dealer last week. Some of them were SWEET! (and a lot were totally obnoxious) It didn't have costs and there was only one picture of an actual boat (the wakesetter used in DRIVE). Their website is "under construction". Does anyone have one? Anyone have pics? Costs? Durability? Whats up with 'em?

I have seen the BFY boat in person and it is awsome. I looked in to wraps last year and they are not cheap. a half wrap was in the 3k-4k range and a full wrap was 5k-6k depending on the design. they are a little more durable than a sticker but will not take alot of abuse. It is still a sticker. life span is roughly 3-5 years or thats what they are saying. Beyond that you maintain them just as normal wipe down,wash and wax. Also if you do alot of tie ups make sure your bouys have cloth covers or they will scuff the wrap. master crafts have been having this problem. Cool part about a wrap is you can definatly have a one off boat. heres an example from the texas boat show.

post-3478-1223738576.jpg

Edited by liljohn
I have seen the BFY boat in person and it is awsome. I looked in to wraps last year and they are not cheap. a half wrap was in the 3k-4k range and a full wrap was 5k-6k depending on the design. they are a little more durable than a sticker but will not take alot of abuse. It is still a sticker. life span is roughly 3-5 years or thats what they are saying. Beyond that you maintain them just as normal wipe down,wash and wax. Also if you do alot of tie ups make sure your bouys have cloth covers or they will scuff the wrap. master crafts have been having this problem. Cool part about a wrap is you can definatly have a one off boat. heres an example from the texas boat show.

The picture is really small but that looks very good Thumbup.gif

wow i was looking into these also because i have a 89 sunsetter...i was thinking it would be cheaper than that especially if you kept it kinda simple...the reading ive done all say its cheaper than a pantjob but 3-4 grand i think i could prolly find a paintjob cheaper haha..specially if I do all the prep work...if anyone else has info about these boat wraps please share...i emailed a company that does them around my hometown but they never replied back and im working overseas right now so i cant call them for another month or so.

• 5 weeks later...
I said it before and I'll say it again, I very much like MC's loco:

loco.jpg

If you like it so much why dont you get it.. They can make it for you and pull the master craft logo and add malibu.. but i would expect alot of sarcasm from the crew..

Below is a link to a company that provides this type of service; also a few of the FAQ....MAKE SURE YOU READ THE VERY LAST Q&A...I think that will answer your question on cost!

http://www.skinzwraps.com/vinyl-boat-graphics.html

Q: Can a wrap be removed?

A: Yes. The wrap can be removed. However, attempting to remove it yourself may cause damage to your paint. We suggest having SkinzWraps™ de-install your vehicle wrap as our installation experts are best equipped this task.

Q: Will the wrap damage my paint?

A: No. A car wrap, when applied and removed correctly, does not damage your car's OEM paint. In fact, it protects it.

Q: Is there a guarantee on the wrap?

A: A SkinzWraps™ wrap has a full warranty of 5 years.

Q: How long will a wrap last on my vehicle?

A: Our wraps will normally outlast the vehicle. You can expect your wrap to last 5 years or longer, as long as you’re careful about high pressure washing.

Q: Do you wrap anything other than vehicles?

A: Yes. We have wrapped boats, jet skis, motorcycles, buildings, storefronts, tradeshow walls, appliances – we’ve even wrapped a modified Boeing 727 airplane.

And finally the answer you are looking for.....Q: Is it possible to finance my wrap?

A: Yes. Our program, [Wrap It into the Finance], will allow small businesses to finance their vehicle wraps. The program is offered through the CarCareONE(sm) product from GE Consumer Finance.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I very much like MC's loco:

loco.jpg

If you like it so much why dont you get it.. They can make it for you and pull the master craft logo and add malibu.. but i would expect alot of sarcasm from the crew..

Well, a couple of reasons: 1. MC exclusivity from that vendor for that design, 2. cost, 3. it would look dumb on a teal '98 Sunsetter.

For those curious, I was quoted $3K for the Loco wrap on an X2. MC has a wrap program so assume a one off to be more expensive for design and setup!

Edited by CTSunsetter

We did the WakeOutlaws.com Twins in the spring I have been very happy with the wrap that 360wraps.com did for us. Couple of pics of the boat below, enjoy.

will_night_03.jpg

will_night_01.jpg

will_night_02.jpg

damn riverrunner that has to be the sickest looking enzo ive ever seen. awesome. Rockon.gif

Thanks...checkout the time elapsed VIDEO of the wrap going on.

This is what my plans are. I am having the guy duplicate the color scheme of the grey boat. Total cost $1620 (plus tax) + $85 to remove original Euro F3 decals before wrapping. I have to replace my rub rail so they asked to let them wrap it while the rub rail is off..... The only concern I have is nicking the wrap and seing the original colors on the hull. They tell me you really have to get into it hard to scrape the wrap so I guess we'll see. Anyone have any comments on how carerful you have to be with the wrap? I would be a nervous wreck loading and unloading the boat. Anyhow, I attached some pics of the existing colors and the colors I want with the newer logo. Also, I am getting all the vynil redone in original light grey with a dark grey offset where the existing colors are on the vynil. What do you guys think?

AF1

gallery_6526_515_71972.jpg

gallery_6526_517_97469.jpg

**WOW**

You must be a photo shop wizard!! The boat looks brand new with those new colors!!

No, the bottom photo is a pic of another boat I got off the internet that I want to duplicate the colors and logos onto my boat which is the top photo....

AF1