Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back in The Saddle. . .

VinRLX

Well, after being forced out of action for the entire summer, I've recovered enough to get a few runs in! My herniated discs are nowhere near 100% healed, and likely won't be until next Spring, but the sciatica symptoms have been gone for several weeks and have not returned after skiing a few times. Yahoo.gif

I am taking it easy out there and not trying to pull out of something when I get out of position. Just got back in the house a bit ago--ran three passes in a row. Nothing major, -15 @ 30 MPH, but what a freaking RUSH just to be out there after being on the bench all summer! Thumbup.gif

Here's a couple pics from the other day:

post-30-1223598762_thumb.jpg

I only missed 5 weeks this summer due to cracked/separated ribs. I could'nt imagine missing all summer!

Those are some nice pics with the leaves changing.How's the water temp in N.Y.?

I am quite certain if I had to miss an entire summer that my family would kick me out and my wife possibly file for divorce. I can't even imagine the torture! Good for you for getting back out there. work hard in the off season and rebuild that back. Nice foliage run by the way. I think we are at about peak foliage around my place.

I know the feeling I haven't been out as long as you. I see two things in your pictures! First I don't see the blue Rlxi. But your form looks good after a summer off. Hope all works out good for you. The color is looking very nice over there. We are going to get some good weather this week end so I hope to get out the last two months have been a disaster for me and skiing. The boat is still in and things should be getting better for me so maybe I can get some late fall skiing in. I love fall skiing no competition for good water.

Water temp here right now is 60°. I've been wearing a shorty with long sleeve heater shirt under it because I hate getting into the drysuit.

Yeah, I can't tell you how difficult it was sitting out the summer. Although I think I handled it fairly well, I'm sure the wife would have signed the papers had I presented them. ;)

The boat in the pic is my ski partner. We happened to be using his that day instead of a REAL boat. . . but he got to drive the sports car last night and did pretty well with it. Thanks Greg! He's a frequent lurker here but never posts because he doesn't know how to type. Or maybe spell, I'm not sure. :lol:

This is great to hear! Did you have an operation on your back, I'm not sure if you had posted up before about your back troubles? I'm suffering from lower back pain right now, planning on going out tomorrow but I'm not sure if I should push it or not, I have an appt. scheduled with the Chiropractor but it won't do me any good for this weekend, but I can't imagine being out all summer. That is one of the reasons I haven't had surgery on my knee even if it's scheduled in the off season I'm still afraid of it going bad.

Thumbup.gif You still have some good water left!!

This is great to hear! Did you have an operation on your back, I'm not sure if you had posted up before about your back troubles?

Yes, I had two herniated discs in June--posted up awhile ago in a herniated disc thread. No surgery so far and I seem to be on the mend, so hopefully that won't be necessary. I did the PT route and continue exercises as well as being careful about certain things. I really didn't intend to ski until next season, but my back had been feeling pretty good and I figured I try some light swerving. So far so good!!!

This is great to hear! Did you have an operation on your back, I'm not sure if you had posted up before about your back troubles?

Yes, I had two herniated discs in June--posted up awhile ago in a herniated disc thread. No surgery so far and I seem to be on the mend, so hopefully that won't be necessary. I did the PT route and continue exercises as well as being careful about certain things. I really didn't intend to ski until next season, but my back had been feeling pretty good and I figured I try some light swerving. So far so good!!!

Right on :) I thought I remembered reading up on your thread, good it's working out for ya!!

Great news Jackie.. :) Don’t push it too much and jeopardize a full recovery for next year.

I was going to mention something like that, but we are all grown ups and should know better right Whistling.gif

Great news Jackie.. :) Don't push it too much and jeopardize a full recovery for next year.

I was going to mention something like that, but we are all grown ups and should know better right Whistling.gif

Right, I'm not listening too it either.... Whistling.gif