Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski locker sac.

D-GOOSE

As some of you know I have the VLX 03. The ski locker has a 500lb sac and I would like to change it out for the largest one that fits. What have you put in and were would I pick one up.

What do you think of using the old locker sac as a floor sac that I could move around for wakesurfing. Plus I would need to buy a pump and was thinking of getting the 2000 gph pump, so that I could change it out with the inlet pump for the ski locker. That way it would fill faster. Yes I would use the old pump to fill and suck the floor sac.

so here are the questions.

1 what sac should I buy and were for the ski locker.

2 should I use the extra sac on the floor.

3 were to buy a pump and what size.

4 should I change out the ski locker pump with a larger one.

Thanks for all the input.

Silly wakeboarders...the water is supposed to be under the boat, not in it. Tease.gif

If you want more water in your boat....just let me take it out for a spin. Biggrin.gif

The front MLS - 700, did you put a custum sac in the locker?
It came stock with the 500 MLS (which is actually closer to 350 since the bag can't fill all the way up). I replaced the bag with the Fluid Concepts 1000lb bag, but again, it won't fill all the way either. Conservatively I figure 700 lbs but it might be a little more.

I pulled these off of wakegirls thread of her boat for sale.

The front MLS - 700, did you put a custum sac in the locker?
It came stock with the 500 MLS (which is actually closer to 350 since the bag can't fill all the way up). I replaced the bag with the Fluid Concepts 1000lb bag, but again, it won't fill all the way either. Conservatively I figure 700 lbs but it might be a little more.

I pulled these off of wakegirls thread of her boat for sale.

Ya I had seen that but I still need to find out were to get it.

people who ride thin peace of wood look silly. What is the point any way? Tongue.gif

Mike I'll have nice rollers for you up at Bullards, I should have my surf board by then.

people who ride thin peace of wood look silly.

So do people who can't spell and have poor grammar. Tongue.gif

People who ride a thin piece of wood look silly.

You shouldn't make fun of other peoples sports just because the sport is too difficult for you to participate. Tease2.gif

;)

Too bad Fluid Concepts is not selling that 1000# locker sac anymore. It did fill to about 700 lbs.

I have the stock locker bag, so I add a 350 lb tube sac up in the open bow.

people who ride thin peace of wood look silly.

So do people who can't spell and have poor grammar. Tongue.gif

People who ride a thin piece of wood look silly.

You shouldn't make fun of other peoples sports just because the sport is too difficult for you to participate. Tease2.gif

;)

I will never say my grammer or spelling is great.

Stop making fun of me just because I can't blance on one foot or walk in a straight line heel to toe. :( Now I have to Cry.gif )

Ya I wanted the 1000lb bag

Stop making fun of me just because I can't blance on one foot...

Sorry, didn't mean to make you Cry.gif ..... Biggrin.gif

Don't feel bad, I can't "blance on one foot" either. (Of course, I'm not even sure what that means Crazy.gif )

:lol:

Greg,

You'll be happy to know that this reply is on topic.

I put the FC 1000# bag in my ski locker. Things I did when replacing it:

1) Replaced factory wiring to the pumps with double the gauge. Had planned on replacing both pumps with larger GPH but, decided later on it wasn't worth the hassle of adapting the different fittings on the larger cap. pumps.

2) cleaned up the area in the ski locker. This means removing all stray fiberglass thay may chew up my new bag. Also, modified (means slotted a hole) the little "wall" behind the bag to accpet the new fittings on the new bag. Your new bag will most likely come with both fittings on the same end of the bag.

3) Since you'll be having both fittings on the same end of the bag, you'll need to do a minor plumbing mod. This requires re-routing the fill line back to the "wall". One thing you need to remember is that this line needs to go to a point above the boats floating water level outside the boat. This means you need to keep the loop that is in front of the driver's feet. Otherwise the bag will tend to drain itself while you're underway. Think about this and you'll understand.

4) Lastly, I'd recc. keeping the old bag for use in one of your trunks for surfing. I was tempted to put it right on top of the ski locker but, while filling the ski locker sack, I like to keep an eye on it.

www.wakeside.com

skylon locker sac

600 lbs or so...

That's basically the same bag that he's got (very similar dimensions). The stock MLS bag claims 500 lbs, but it can't fill all the way because of the the constraints of the locker vs. it's own dimensions when full.

Greg,

Pete gives some good advice there, I've got the same bag & all of those recommendations are spot on. Fluid Concepts isn't selling that bag anymore, bummer (although I'd call them & find out if they have any at all left over). Otherwise, I'd look around for a custom solution - boardersparadise.com, gethighsports.net are a couple that can accomodate that kind of thing.

As far as using the stock bag for surfing, that is what we've been doing. We drape the bag over the trunk on the side that we're surfing & it's good, very good. I just had to put some fittings on each end to work with the pump as well as hold the water in (still working on a good tight, easy setup on that). Honestly though, if you pulled your hard tanks & replaced them with bags that would fill up the entire compartments, you wouldn't need it. That wake was freakin' awesome with just the stock setup & a few people. This would get you close to that because it should more than double what you've got in each tank.

www.wakeside.com

skylon locker sac

600 lbs or so...

That's basically the same bag that he's got (very similar dimensions). The stock MLS bag claims 500 lbs, but it can't fill all the way because of the the constraints of the locker vs. it's own dimensions when full.

Depends on your boat I guess...

I can fill it all the way in the 23XTI's locker Crazy.gif

Dave

Pete & Tracie. Thanks for the info

Pete Cleaning the locker is a must for me. I freak out seeing water in there and the slim that can come from it. Sounds like a job that I could do my self Whistling.gif

I'm not looking to take out the hard tanks. I need the room and thats why I have the vlx.

I'll call Fluid Concepts and see if there's one around the shop.

• 3 weeks later...