Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

titan 3 question

Lance B. Johnson

I got my boat used and my titan 3 tower just uses two allen bolts to put the front and back half together. (in the up position)

Weren't these supposed to be some special bolts that you could remove with your hand? Mine requires a hex key wrench aka allen wrench.

I got my boat used and my titan 3 tower just uses two allen bolts to put the front and back half together. (in the up position)

Weren't these supposed to be some special bolts that you could remove with your hand? Mine requires a hex key wrench aka allen wrench.

They had those on version II but eventually IIRC went back to the allen wrench for a better and longer hold.

My Titan 3 on my '06 iRide has two plastic knobs to loosen, then a spring loaded slide feature to fully disconnect the halves. No tools needed.

My Titan 3 on my '06 iRide has two plastic knobs to loosen, then a spring loaded slide feature to fully disconnect the halves. No tools needed.

Yes exactly what I am trying to say.......I think I am going to try to order the knobs

You have one of the first generation Titan 3 tower before they switched to the hand knob style. The way your tower is built, you want to stick with the Allen bolts, you can purchase hand knobs but they love to rattle their way loose because you can't get them tight enough. The newer Titan 3 tower has a locking mechanism for the hand knobs that lock the knob in tight so it can't go anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Paul

You have one of the first generation Titan 3 tower before they switched to the hand knob style. The way your tower is built, you want to stick with the Allen bolts, you can purchase hand knobs but they love to rattle their way loose because you can't get them tight enough. The newer Titan 3 tower has a locking mechanism for the hand knobs that lock the knob in tight so it can't go anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Apparently, I have the later model titan 3........I talked to the titan dealer and he asked me the same questions. The earlier version is just two plates that are screwed together with allen bolts. The later version uses a coupler.

I have the coupler

Paul Is Bridge City correct?

Edited by ruffdawg