Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

any luck??????

BlondieBlue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter19u

• BlondieBlue

• WakeGirl

• jeffmx

There are most definitely some deals to be had out there. After seeing how little some of the 06 VLXs are going for, it looks more and more like I am better off just keeping my boat. I am tempted though by the thought of the auto wedge come 2010 if the new rule banishing the use of the wedge and ballast goes into effect. That would be difficult to detect being deployed or not I would think.

I had my boat advertised for 2 months, got about 20 calls on it but nobody would come and look. A lot of curious people this time of year but not many want to make payments over the winter. Sold mine to the first person to look at it, he was shopping now because he new he could get a deal and he did. Cry.gif

I have been looking all summer and I decided to go new.

I have my financing in place but I haven't placed the order

With the currant economy I'm reluctant to go with it.

I think I will wait and see what happens after the election

I'm not feeling confident in either candidates but one does look

better equipped than the other. Also waiting to see if the

manufacturers will come up with some incentives.

I did look at 08 like new boats but price was too close

to new and warranty was an issue.

There are most definitely some deals to be had out there. After seeing how little some of the 06 VLXs are going for, it looks more and more like I am better off just keeping my boat. I am tempted though by the thought of the auto wedge come 2010 if the new rule banishing the use of the wedge and ballast goes into effect. That would be difficult to detect being deployed or not I would think.

What new rule ?

What new rule ?

I have seen posts on other forums about some lakes banning all

wake enhancing products like ballast systems or wedge systems.

They say its causing shore line erosion and docked boat damage.

If this happens it could be very damaging to wake boat sales

both new and used. I trailer to many lakes but those of you that

have homes on lakes these rule changes will be a problem.

What new rule ?

It has to do with a section of the Willamette River near Portland. They have banned all wake enhancement through that part of the river.

What new rule ?

It has to do with a section of the Willamette River near Portland. They have banned all wake enhancement through that part of the river.

Tracie,

Thanks for the clarification!

I just sold my 2005 VLX in BC. It was on the market for about 3 weeks. 240 hours almost a full load for $44,000

what did you sell it on? what website?

I've bought and sold all of my boats on Boattrader.com over the past 15 years (bought 5, sold 4). It is also affiliated with Boattrader Magazine (can find it in Chevron stations). I pay for both online and magazine ads; always successful. I even had a guy drive from Colorado to Pismo Beach to buy my '83 stars/stripes MC. Fortunately, I've made a profit on each boat I've sold.

Hope it works out.

Edited by gjsmith73

I was at the Rocklin Copes Sat and they wanted to sell me an 08 VTX with the starting price of 46k. To me that screams desperation to sell and that the used market will be dead if it isn't already. I sold at the right time and hope to get another next year when they are even more desperate to sell.