Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hit a log saturday

m&m

out at whiskeytown lake down by the dam. that is where the best butter is most of the time. pulling a boader, 7 peeps in the boat, wedge up ballast full when we hit a log. pulled back on the throttle. turned around to get back to the boader. gave it some throttle and a bad vibration comes on. get to the boader, shut her off and jump in and under the boat. fins in place and tight. drive shaft in place and tight. rudder in place and tight. felt around the prop. found two chunks of wood stuck to the prop. remove the wood chunks and finish sounding the boat best i can. decide to head for the ramp. tried to give it some rpm to see if the vibration was still there and....... not a bit of vibraton. the boat ran and shifted just as smooth as before. got her home and crawled underneath. could not find any damage. not one mark or scratch. everything tight, no cracks, no screws missing or pulled out from any of the support frame work.

after hitting the log we retreived another stray log and the rest of the one i hit and put them on the beach. the log i hit was very rotten through most of the core and of course water logged.

i am going to have the prop checked at no charge to make sure it is not bent at a prop shop.

what else might i check for?

with no vibraton or visible signs of damage should i have the dealer inspect the boat as well?

the boat seems to run as smooth as before.

Just like others said, if there is no visible damage and there isn't extra vibration, yo uare probably good to go. Even a small imperfection in the prop or shaft will make it vibrate like crazy at higher RPMs.