Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

04VLX vs 05Vride

killen1970

Guys I am curious are there any differences between the two. I am looking at a nice 04 VLX. Also has that hull been discontinued now the the 09 v ride was the 08 vlx? These are almost as hard to follow as the 205v to x star to x2 to x1. Thanks. I was never looking BU because of local dealer until they lost their dealership and it was taken over by Forte's. Just doing some research before I take the plunge. Thanks again.

Basically the same boat. One exception could be the bow ballast available in the VLX. I own the Vride & so far have not found it necessary. This might not be the case if the owner were to swap out the 250 rear tanks for 400 / 750 lb rear bags...... some weight in the bow might be a good idea at that point. Then again there are several options to do that too.

I haven't heard of any plans for that hull mold to be used any more. This is a small industry though & I wouldn't be surprised to see it crop up somewhere.

Actually, the two boats are pretty similar

There was no bow ballast on '04 VLX's

The main differences were One piece Windshield, Standard Stainless Rubrail, Hand Wrapped Dash, Steering Wheel and throttle Knob, Bow Rails, and Carpet.

All of those being pretty trivial things

I thought it was a mid ship one in the ski locker or some thing I am pretty sure it has 3 tanks in the one I am looking at.

The main differences were One piece Windshield, Standard Stainless Rubrail, Hand Wrapped Dash, Steering Wheel and throttle Knob, Bow Rails, and Carpet.

I thought it was a mid ship one in the ski locker or some thing I am pretty sure it has 3 tanks in the one I am looking at.

One in each rear locker, and one where the "ski" locker should be. (3) total.

P

Basically the same boat. One exception could be the bow ballast available in the VLX. I own the Vride & so far have not found it necessary. This might not be the case if the owner were to swap out the 250 rear tanks for 400 / 750 lb rear bags...... some weight in the bow might be a good idea at that point. Then again there are several options to do that too.

I haven't heard of any plans for that hull mold to be used any more. This is a small industry though & I wouldn't be surprised to see it crop up somewhere.

Hey Bill, How's my old V-Ride been treating you?

Hey Bill, How's my old V-Ride been treating you?

Hey Dan,

We racked up over 100 hrs on it this year. I rode last Friday night after work, and will probably get it out again this Saturday. Lovelovelove the boat & wake. We've had a few issues with the stereo though. We've swapped a few emails about it, plus I have been in touch with your buddy Diggs about it. Still have the hiss in the Dbots. We will probably be working on that over the winter.

Hope your enjoying your new VLX/SA!!