Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Paying off the BU

Headhunter 2317

Tomorrow we will be mailing a check to the bank and my BU will be all mine!!!!!

The best part is, the CFO is doing it with HER bonus. Rockon.gifRockon.gif

This is going to cost me something really big.....

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS. I just paid off both my vehicles this summer. Feels good to get that title in my hands... But I just started the boat payment thing. Gonna be a few years I think.... :(

:Doh: She just got a BMW. What else is it going to cost you?  Dontknow.gif

He bought the car for herself. I just directed her to the correct model... Innocent.gif Her car allowance covers it so it's a wash.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS. I just paid off both my vehicles this summer. Feels good to get that title in my hands... But I just started the boat payment thing. Gonna be a few years I think.... :(

Congrats.

Almost paid off both vehicles too. And the boat... Well, it'll be a couple years :)

No payments other than the mortgage. Yahoo.gif All vehicles paid for, bought the Bu outright, no credit cards,.... Yahoo.gif

Of course, my 99 Dakota has 220K miles on it so I better start saving or I'll have a car payment again. :(

Joe, congrats on paying off your boat. It's a nice security blanket to have just in case of financial emergency.

Love that debt free feeling. Yahoo.gif Waking always seems better now we own our boat and it makes wash down enjoyable knowing there is no more payments.But the bank still rings the wife to make sure i am at work to pay off there house. Cry.gif

We're wanting to have something lakefront by next year so right now we are focused on just bankrolling as much as we can and saving as much as we can on everything.

Did anyone else ever spend their 30's paying off their 20's ?

We're wanting to have something lakefront by next year so right now we are focused on just bankrolling as much as we can and saving as much as we can on everything. 

Did anyone else ever spend their 30's paying off their 20's  ?

We're gearing up for that now. I hit 30 12/18 :(. The spouse is about to make that leap from a residency paycheck to a staff paycheck and I'm getting close to breaking that 6 figure engineering barrier.

I hit 30 12/18 :(.

That's my wife's birthday - a few years before yours though Biggrin.gif .

We have a mortgage, but have had a rule that we don't buy anything until we have the cash to pay for it. We don't really keep a budget, but that rule has worked well for us. We'll be selling the house and property this next year and buying something smaller and then we need to decide whether or not to keep a mortgage. There are some tax advantages to keeping a mortgage. Most of our resources are being funneled into college tuition - 2 in college now, and the third next fall. Ouch.

I hit 30 12/18 :(.

That's my wife's birthday - a few years before yours though Biggrin.gif .

Most of our resources are being funneled into college tuition - 2 in college now, and the third next fall. Ouch.

I have to ask, did she get screwed over for birthday presents as well? I STILL get combination christmas/birthday presents/cards. Mad.gif

Hehe, wait until all three go to med school as well! Just one set of med school loans makes me get all cold and shivery. Don't let 'em talk you into paying it for them!!!!

I have to ask, did she get screwed over for birthday presents as well? I STILL get combination christmas/birthday presents/cards.  Mad.gif

Hehe, wait until all three go to med school as well! Just one set of med school loans makes me get all cold and shivery. Don't let 'em talk you into paying it for them!!!!

Nah, she does alright with the presents. My oldest son's birthday is the 23rd and he does ok too - of course my wife was quite sensitive to the proximity to Christmas. We used to celebrate half birthdays for him - a small present and a Baskin Robins ice cream cake. The one who got screwed was my younger son with a birthday in January. After birthdays, Christmas, and then grandfather birthdays around New Years, we were all burned out come time for his birthday.

I don't think any of them are planning on medicine, well, maybe my daughter, but who knows. I was lucky with med school tuition. My wife and I paid for it and took out some loans, but the tuition was only $2500 when I started and $4000 when I finished (in-state at U of MD). For a couple of years she was a grad student in chemistry while I was in med school and we had our son on the way. Those were some lean financial years. We felt rich when I actually got paid as a resident. Of course I figured out later that I was making less than minimum wage. I averaged 114 hours per week in the hospital that first year with 2 weeks vacation. I know it is much more humane and family friendly now. I'm on the teaching faculty at OHSU and work with the residents.

Yeah... That first year was not nice. I think Jen had to blow the whistle on them working her over 100 a couple times. Johns Hopkins really ruined it for all those heavy resident labor hospitals. :) Heheh. We hardly comment on her wierd schedules any more because she's down into the 50 hour range now. I'm counting the days for this third year to be done. I'm ready to hand the mortgage payment over to her! :)

I'm ready to hand the mortgage payment over to her! :)

I handed the mortgage payment over to my wife years ago...of course, she's a stay-at-home-mom so I'm still paying it. Biggrin.gif But it hurts less when I don't have to sign the check (or should I say click the "send payment" button).

Just recieved the title for ours last week, definitely feels good. Now if I loose everything I'll still have the boat and a truck to pull it with.

Just recieved the title for ours last week, definitely feels good. Now if I loose everything I'll still have the boat and a truck to pull it with.

Funny. If the CFO kicks me out, I can sleep in the truck at the lake.

All our vehicles/boat have been paid off for sometime it's a great time. If fact we've been making almost double mortgage payments since all our vehicles have been paid off, although it feels like it gong to take foreverto pay it off Mad.gif

All our vehicles/boat have been paid off for sometime it's a great time.  If fact we've been making almost double mortgage payments since all our vehicles have been paid off, although it feels like it gong to take foreverto pay it off Mad.gif

Good move. You will save thousands.