Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where is the fuel filter, 08 VLX 340 Monsoon

In the tank, where the fuel line runs. Snap ring on top. Be sure to release pressure at the Shrader valve before popping it open!!!

Thanks! I got the shrader valve open. I'll pick up a ring clip pliers to get intot he tank. Malibu must of put on the clip before putting in the floor. The clip ends are under the last section of flooring. Should make life interesting.

Just in case you don't have the little cartridge at the fuel supply line, In 2008 Malibu did a running change on their fuel pump system. Now they are using a fuel filter similar to the automotive industry that only needs to be serviced every 300 hours, to service it the fuel pump has to be removed from the tank and the filter element replaced at the bottom of the pump. Some boat models will be easy to service, some will be difficult but Malibu has been doing a good job keeping "serviceability" in mind so items that need to be serviced can be accessed but some boat models are a little harder to access.

The part number for that fuel filter is WIX 33048 Napa 3048

Hope this helps

Paul

Just in case you don't have the little cartridge at the fuel supply line, In 2008 Malibu did a running change on their fuel pump system. Now they are using a fuel filter similar to the automotive industry that only needs to be serviced every 300 hours, to service it the fuel pump has to be removed from the tank and the filter element replaced at the bottom of the pump. Some boat models will be easy to service, some will be difficult but Malibu has been doing a good job keeping "serviceability" in mind so items that need to be serviced can be accessed but some boat models are a little harder to access.

Hope this helps

Paul

That's just the part # my malibu dealer gave me. I have a 160 hours on the boat so I thought I'd change anyway. I did manage to get the pressure off the fuel system with the shrader valve. It was located just above the ignition wire (same as a bike tire valve) and under the thottle body cover. Got the fuel filter out easy enough after I got my clip pliers set with the right ends.

Thanks for the help!

Eric

Hope this helps

Paul

That's just the part # my malibu dealer gave me. I have a 160 hours on the boat so I thought I'd change anyway. I did manage to get the pressure off the fuel system with the shrader valve. It was located just above the ignition wire (same as a bike tire valve) and under the thottle body cover. Got the fuel filter out easy enough after I got my clip pliers set with the right ends.

Thanks for the help!

Eric

The fuel filter is at your dealer, under your Visa card! (Ok I am too late, but for me it is, I draw the line at tinkering with raw fuel)

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks for the help!

Eric

The fuel filter is at your dealer, under your Visa card! (Ok I am too late, but for me it is, I draw the line at tinkering with raw fuel)

You must be a smoker?

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks for the help!

Eric

You must be a smoker?

pyro