Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I adjust the clutch cable?

When I move the throttle control arm forward to engage the prop I noticed that I need to continue to move the throttle arm foward another 1/2 inch or so which also increases the engine RPM's. Therefore when the engine is finally engaged the engine RPM's are too high for a slow troll forward. When I'm in neutral the RMP's idle at 1,000... is this okay for an idle speed?

Can't help you with clutch engagement - should be an adjustment capability at the transmission.

1K neutral RPMs is a bit high - should be about 650.

BTW - Welcome.gif

When I move the throttle control arm forward to engage the prop I noticed that I need to continue to move the throttle arm foward another 1/2 inch or so which also increases the engine RPM's. Therefore when the engine is finally engaged the engine RPM's are too high for a slow troll forward. When I'm in neutral the RMP's idle at 1,000... is this okay for an idle speed?

Don't adjust the shift cable - adjust the throttle cable.

With the boat off, Place the throttle control into "gear", with no throttle. unclip the throttle cable from the throttle body arm and adjust it (likely out) so that the throttle cable is holding the arm against the stop at this position. Clip it back on, and when you pull the throttle control back into neutral the control spring will absorb the compression.

Peter

Can't help you with clutch engagement - should be an adjustment capability at the transmission.

1K neutral RPMs is a bit high - should be about 650.

BTW - Welcome.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I'll lower the neutral idle to about 650.

Don't adjust the shift cable - adjust the throttle cable.

With the boat off, Place the throttle control into "gear", with no throttle. unclip the throttle cable from the throttle body arm and adjust it (likely out) so that the throttle cable is holding the arm against the stop at this position. Clip it back on, and when you pull the throttle control back into neutral the control spring will absorb the compression.

Peter

Brilliant !!! Thanks