Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monster Tower Reviews from Malibu Owners

Air Force 1

I know alot of you guys really like Titan, but I was doing some cost comparison betweeen Titan II and the Monster T1. They almost look identical and there is a $700. cost savings going with the Monster T1. With the T1 I can also get a cargo bimini, speakers, light rack, wakeboard rack and wakesurf rack all from the same company which in theory should make everything compatible and easy to install without having to modify any parts to fit, etc.... Also, the Monster T1 looks a bit taller than the Titan II which would be nice for walking around the boat and not hitting your head on the bimini....

So, with that said. Do any of you run the Monster Tower T1 on your malibu? If so, does it have any movement or is it pretty tight?

Any information or personal review of the Monster products would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

AF1

Please excuse my spelling on the post title.... Oops.gif

Edited by Air Force 1

I installed a first generation Monster Tower on my boat and I love it. I also have a wakeboard rack, ski rack, and mirror arm on it. All of the Monster stuff is top notch. I would do it again in a minute. The quick connects on the racks allow me to take the skis/boards off the tower in the rack for easy storage or change - worth their weight in gold. Their customer service is top-of-the-line. They had an issue with the clamps on the racks a few years ago. I called to tell them that one of my had broken and they immediately sent me replacements for all three of mine since they changed their materials. You can't ask for more from a company as far as I'm concerned.

. With the Titan you can buy all those same extras (no cargo rack) right from them or your dealer. I know if you buy from your dealer, they will work with you on pricing with that large of a buy.

I have heard good things about Monster Tower, customer service, calendar Drool.gif from others.

JM2C but when you go to sell the boat your going to receive a higher price with a Factor Titan tower then a will fit

Several neighbors at the lake had the Monster towers. great towers, solid and well built, and customer service is great as well like Bill said. But I have to agree with Goose on the Titan. It's the standard Malibu tower ot the era, just as strong, lots of accessories for it, and great customer service. The kicker for me was I just wasn't thrilled with that extra hoop that Monster has at the top. I just thought the Titan looked better. But $700 will buy lots of toys to put on the tower. Can't really go wrong either way. Good luck.

We put the first generation Monster Tower on our boat. I really like the look of it, and we also got the twin-barrel speakers and removable racks. We really like all of it. And, like has been said, the customer service is absolutely second-to-none.

My only complaint is that the tower really does move around a lot more that I would like. This is probably a common complaint with any tower that is collapsible, but it does drive me nuts. I have to tighten the tower on a regular basis.

I agree with Jeff. I have a T1 on my 00 vlx. I love the tower but HATE the side to side movement. I have the expanding bolts in there and everything and its still wobbly and requires tightening. This winter I am planning on welding the back hoop joints solid so I don't have this issue. Note that I also ride a lot more than the average person and load the snot out of the tower pulling it back and forth. Double ups, Glides, etc. all knock that thing loose pretty quick. Aside from that the company is great! Their customer service is awesome, always a fast reply and whenever I need anything they are always down to help out.

Edited by Liquidmx

I know you mentioned the difference between the titan 2 and the Monster T1 was $700, I have also been looking around for a tower and the titan series 1 and the monster are pretty much the same price. some people like the series one and some don't, but I understand the only difference between the series 1 and 2 are the back section is curved on the series 2. I am planning on getting a series 1 this winter and I thought is was the best value and its OEM.

We put the first generation Monster Tower on our boat. I really like the look of it, and we also got the twin-barrel speakers and removable racks. We really like all of it. And, like has been said, the customer service is absolutely second-to-none.

My only complaint is that the tower really does move around a lot more that I would like. This is probably a common complaint with any tower that is collapsible, but it does drive me nuts. I have to tighten the tower on a regular basis.

I've made almost the exact same comment in forums like Wakeworld regarding my own experiences with Monster. And typically one of the guys from Monster ends up contacting me. If nothing else, they have great support.

But the additional joints in the design are the downfall of the tower. Every one of them I've used has had a LOT of movement compared to a Titan. The design element that allows the tower to be installed on a variety of boats, also allows them to move back & forth way too much for me..... especially if it's loaded down.

I will typically have four 25 lb speakers, a bimini and two 30+ lb SkySkis on my tower, and as many as 4 wakeboards on the front legs. The Titan II is rock solid. I've only ridden with a pair of SkySkis mounted to a Monster, an easy 100+ lbs less than what I put my own boat thru on a daily basis, and the Monster would squeak & sway over every wave.

All that said, I'm probably quite a bit bigger than the average rider at 220 lbs (plus my 30 lb SkySki), and ride with guys who are 50 or 70 lbs bigger than me. We probably do quite a bit more tricks out to the sides of the boat, air front & back rolls, air front flips, gainers, jumps, etc. And we usually ride longer (30 - 40 min.) sets and further into the winter than many others (March - November.... or more). So we may be pushing a boat/tower combination a bit more than the average Malibu owner.

I know you mentioned the difference between the titan 2 and the Monster T1 was $700, I have also been looking around for a tower and the titan series 1 and the monster are pretty much the same price. some people like the series one and some don't, but I understand the only difference between the series 1 and 2 are the back section is curved on the series 2. I am planning on getting a series 1 this winter and I thought is was the best value and its OEM.

So, anyone with reviews on side to side movement on titan I series?

Thanks

AF1

Thanks

AF1

I haven't used the series I nearly as much as the II & III. But the design is so close to the series II, that I have to think their basically the same as far as movement. There is a very slight bend in the rear hoop, and I believe they changed the top bolt or something about how the front & rear hoops bolt together at the top.

Thanks

AF1

This post pretty much sums it up. Thumbup.gif

That’s easy, none. The Titan I tower is by far the strongest tower made. After 8 years of public lakes with a diamond hull DD hitting those massive wakes from the wakeboarders not once did that thing move. The craftsmanship of Titan is also top notch and if I ordered a new boat it would have Titan. While others worry about looks and clearance neither of which is most important to me, Titan just preformed w/o a problem.

I’ve heard good things about the Monster products as well, while the looks is to each their own I just found the Monster to lack the stability of the Titan products. The Titan I just flows well with the lines of the Malibu’s, and frankly never cared much for Titan on other makes. The engineering in the Titan products are worth a few bucks more IMHO.

OK, I am sold on the Titan II just because of the movement issues with the monster towers mentioned. What would be the best website to order the Titan II Tower with all the extras, Wetsound Speakers, wakeboard and wakesurf racks and light bar to fit the tower? I would like to get everything from one retailer except for the bimini in order to keep order mistakes to a minimum. I am really interested in the Monster cargo bimini so I will probably try to get it fitted for the titan II tower. Monster site says it will fit virtually any tower.

I have looked at wakeside.com and they seem to have most if not all of what I am looking for, but the earliest shipping dates for alot of their products are end of October. Are there better websites for ordering Titan equipment?

Thanks,

AF1

The dealer for your area would be a great place.

Central Texas Water Sports

(512) 244-9777 x0000

1401 North IH 35

Round Rock, TX, 78664

www.ctws.us

Hi Folks,

If anyone has any movement with their Monster Tower or has any questions please feel free to contact us at 877-778-6937, [email protected] or send a pm. This is the best way to get your Monster Tower squared away.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Folks,

If anyone has any movement with their Monster Tower or has any questions please feel free to contact us at 877-778-6937, [email protected] or send a pm. This is the best way to get your Monster Tower squared away.

Thanks!

Tom

There ya go. This is one thing they are very good at. Anyone I know who has the Monster, I turn them to this & encourage them to take advantage of the support.

Thumbup.gif

I have a Monster MT1 on my 99 Sunsetter VLX, and I love it! I'm your average boarder, and haven't had any issues yet. Did the install myself, and it's solid as a rock. The racks are nice, too. As for the customer service, I had one cap for a rack that the threads weren't deep enough. Gave Monster a call, and had a new end cap on my doorstep in two days....no questions asked. Now that's service! Plus you get a free Monster Calender! Thumbup.gif

OK, I am sold on the Titan II just because of the movement issues with the monster towers mentioned. What would be the best website to order the Titan II Tower with all the extras, Wetsound Speakers, wakeboard and wakesurf racks and light bar to fit the tower? I would like to get everything from one retailer except for the bimini in order to keep order mistakes to a minimum. I am really interested in the Monster cargo bimini so I will probably try to get it fitted for the titan II tower. Monster site says it will fit virtually any tower.

I have looked at wakeside.com and they seem to have most if not all of what I am looking for, but the earliest shipping dates for alot of their products are end of October. Are there better websites for ordering Titan equipment?

Thanks,

AF1

Hey AF1-

I would definitely recommend contacting your local dealer (Peter posted their information above), they'll be able to get you the gear you want, install it if you choose, and make sure that it works the way it should. Having a local dealer allows us to provide the best support possible (of course we'll also help a customer that purchases online). You can find your local dealer using the dealer locator tool on our website (http://www.titanwake.com/dealer-locator). If you have any other questions about our product please let me know.

By the way, the reason Wakeside lists the end of October as the ship date is because all Titan towers are custom made specifically for the boat they will go on. That means you get an incredibly rigid tower (as evidenced by the response here) that still folds down faster and easier than anything else on the market. I think that's worth a little delay in getting it (which will be the same regardless of where you order it from).

Thanks,

Jason

Titan Wake Accessories

(916) 858-1178

I have a Monster tower on my bu. I really want to swap it out. I have 4 tower speakers and one wakeboard rack. I really hate how it rattles and sweaks. It sweaks even when I hit small wakes. I don't like the way it folds either. I think that its a good tower but it has too many joints on it. I really like Titan Towers and have not heard anything bad about them.

Thats just my 2 cents. Someday I will swap it out for an Illusion or Titan.

I've had a T1 since 2004 or 450 hours ago and never noticed any side to side movement, never had any issues with it and no stress cracking at the mounts. The T2 looks slightly better but could't justify the upcharge then or now. Use the extra cash and get a polished one or use it for racks, etc. My next boat will have a T3 for sure! Local dealer support should be your first choice but you can also try wakeside (oops - just noticed Jason already mentioned them).

DSC02144.JPG

Edited by CTSunsetter
I have a Monster tower on my bu. I really want to swap it out. I have 4 tower speakers and one wakeboard rack. I really hate how it rattles and sweaks. It sweaks even when I hit small wakes. I don't like the way it folds either. I think that its a good tower but it has too many joints on it. I really like Titan Towers and have not heard anything bad about them.

Lzy0k0,

Let's get your Monster Tower fixed while you still have it. It is guaranteed to be silent, so please email or call me with some details so we can get this handled.

Tom

Thanks,

AF1

AF1 First check with your local dealer as Pete mentioned so you can start/keep a great relationship with them. Plus they can do the install if your not the greatest handyman. Also Bakes is having a Tent sale this month if your ready to pull the trigger this soon. As Jason mentioned when you order a Titan tower it will be made for YOUR boat.

I'm sure some one will be putting a GB on before next summer for the WS. Whistling.gif

The dealer for your area would be a great place.

Central Texas Water Sports

(512) 244-9777 x0000

1401 North IH 35

Round Rock, TX, 78664

www.ctws.us

Hi Folks,

Thanks!

Tom

This is the great customer service that I have seen and heard off about Monster. Way to Tom Clap.gif Its so refrieshing to have companys with great customer service.

Lzy0k0,

Let's get your Monster Tower fixed while you still have it. It is guaranteed to be silent, so please email or call me with some details so we can get this handled.

Tom

Talk about customer service! Thumbup.gif

• 1 month later...

Lzy0k0,

Tom

Talk about customer service! Thumbup.gif

Customer Service sold me on Monster. Here is a a couple of pics of the install with wetsounds double up package. Cargo bimini and board racks are being installed today hopefully so I can pick it up tomorrow. Off the trailer for gelcoat work. Oh Yeah, went with the MT2 instead of the MT1.

AF1

Biggrin.gif

Also, I want to thank Charlie and Scott at The Ski Dock in Austin, Tx for their excellent customer service and installation! Although they are a Tige dealer Whistling.gif they took in my Malibu no questions asked and made everything happen with the Monster equipment and wetsounds setup! Thanks Guys.

gallery_6526_515_69387.jpg

gallery_6526_515_49852.jpg

gallery_6526_515_108278.jpg

Edited by Air Force 1

Looks good ,I am leaning towards a monster for my 97 response mostly because they seem to stand behind them and I think I can mount it on the top instead of on the sides

Great looking tower and wetsounds AF1. We still need to meet up sometime, we live in the same town and almost have the same boat and haven't met yet!!

Jamie