Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleaning on the lake

No Wake Zone

I have my boat year around in a boat house up on the lift. I need to be able to wash it while on the lift. Does anyone know of a good (removes water lines) environmentally friendly soap that I can use that can go in the lake without causing harm?

Edited by No Wake Zone

I keep the boat moored in the nasty Willamette. I keep a brush in the boat and then occasionally (when I remember), throw it out to the person who has just finished riding, and have them go around the boat once with it. If you do that on a regular basis it will prevent the buildup of serious scum. I otherwise pull the boat out every 4 to 6 weeks and give it a good cleaning using Tony's Topical Toilet Tonic.

Yup, and fish and turtles find Simple Green irresistable. The only enviromentally safe cleaner that I know of is elbow grease.

Edited by electricjohn

Hey,

You could problably use dawn dish soap, yes if you let it sit to long it will strip your wax but what good cleaning producted doesn't? It is also safe because it is what they use to clean up after oil spills in the ocean, they clean animals up with it all the time. Thought that is just my $.02

A hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner is an excellent choice. They clean well, remove scum and are environmentally sound since hydrogen peroxide decomposes to water and oxygen.