Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Born Again Fakesetter

Slurpee

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slurpee

• obski

• UWSkier

• Brad B

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll add another one. This is fun spending someone else's money :) .

A tower mounted mirror arm is great. You don't need to have the bow pass through door closed. Monster carries one now and Samson makes a real nice one.

I just upgraded the audio this last winter. I have been very happy with what I did as it serves my needs. I replaced the HU with a Sony cdx-f7705 (mp3 and input for separate mp3 player). I added a Basslink sub, a set of Fluid Concepts tower speakers, and an amp to power them. I have a Sony remote and PAC LC-1 to control the sound and where it is coming from. The only thing I am not completely happy with are the tower speakers. You can hear the music while riding, but it is not as loud or as clear as one might like back there. I made, however, a choice to have smaller speakers. I keep the boat moored on the river and didn't want to put up large, expensive speakers that would be a target for theft, so I had to compromise on the speakers. I'm sure that something like the Fusions would sound clearer. I'm not complaining, because we have all been really enjoying the setup.

take look from inside the boat, but I'd bet your 2.5" flat circle visible under the boat is your depth finder. sounds just like the one on my 2001 SLXi.

Boat looks great!!!

Bimini... Whatever WSA's latest is. Probably strapless and tower mounted.

Well, I'm actually dissapointed in the bimini I had done by the dealer. Guess I should have waited for the backlog from towerbimini.com to go away. The actual coverage area is only a little better than half what a towerbimini.com one would be. Complete and total dissapointment. :( I thought I heard strapless, but there's even a nice strap attached to the gunwale now. Mad.gif

Ah well. That's what I get for buying blind. I'll just pick up another one over the winter from them and install it myself.

C'est la vie.

They blind riveted the mounting hardware to my tower!!! No clamps! Mad.gif

The plastic block used to stop the frame from rubbing against the rear horse shoe is REALLY hard and has rubbed through my powder coat already!

Blowup.gif

I'm too disgusted to a take a picture of it right now, but it's basically this with straps running from the rear of the canvas to a loop drilled into the boat at the back of the step pad on the gunwale.

Edited by Slurpee

On the upside it is really well built and they did a good job modifying the boat cover to fit around the tower.

Oooh, I can't wait till open of business Monday.

That is a tiny bimini.  It will probably work on the hottest, sunniest middays.

I feel your disappointment.

Did I say the tower looks great? :)

Yeah. I'm not quite sure about what I'll do about it yet. I'll sleep on it a couple nights. Can't call anyone about it until Monday anyways. I will be putting an order in with towerbiminis.com right away though. I'd just like to try and get some money back for it. Or credit for other upgrades. Or something.

LOL, how's your weekend been doc?

Good luck on the credit.

I'm off for the weekend. We went out boarding this morning at sunrise and had the glass to ourselves pretty much. An awesome start to the day. I've spent the rest of the day getting caught up with bills and other paperwork. Those college tuition bills sure put on the hurt.

Good luck on the credit.

I'm off for the weekend. We went out boarding this morning at sunrise and had the glass to ourselves pretty much. An awesome start to the day. I've spent the rest of the day getting caught up with bills and other paperwork. Those college tuition bills sure put on the hurt.

I'm hoping my kids follow in my footsteps and not the wife's. I went through college on a full academic scholarship. Jen went through on loans.. Ouch.

DOH. I'm about 3" too tall with a collapsed Titan Tower to fit in my garage. i owe it to the old windshield design. :( Guess I should have sprung for that 2002. :) Time to go find some friends with a big garage! LOL.

Okay, so I get my perfect pass yesterday and I'm reading through the instructions like a good little DIY'er and I come across a conundrum.

My dash has three 5" gauges. Speedometer, Tachometer, and the multi-gauge. Obviously I keep the multigauge for diagnostics, but one of the other two needs to go for the PP gauge to be mounted.

Which one should go bye bye. I'm leaning towards the speedometer being replaced since the tachometer serves some useful purpose for monitoring engine performance and the PP gauge displays speed anyways.

Does that sound reasonable or are there any alternate suggestions?

Does your PP display have the analog tach or is it the new all digital one? Ours came with an analog tach so it was an easy decision: pull the old tach and put the new one in its place.

Regarding the speedo, is there anything special you have to do with the pitot leads or can they easily be capped off?

Does your PP display have the analog tach or is it the new all digital one? Ours came with an analog tach so it was an easy decision: pull the old tach and put the new one in its place.

Regarding the speedo, is there anything special you have to do with the pitot leads or can they easily be capped off?

This one is all digital. Just a 3 line LCD display. Decisions.....

Yeah, I can easily cap off the speedos. I guess I could just remove that whole system. Maybe I could find a smaller speedometer gauge and mount that in one of the other locations.... Think that's possible.

My 3 5" displays are tach, speedo, and PP. I have a smaller display for clock/water temp/hours etc.

I actually don't look at the speedo much and just read off of the PP. In fact right now the speedo is not working at all as the pitots are likely plugged. This happened last year from sitting in our lovely river.

Sounds different from mine. My hour meter is a digital display built into the tach. Besides the 3 5" displays I have 2 3" displays. One for depth and the other is time/temp or something like that.

I guess I'll remove the speedometer then and just go by perfect pass. Saves me the trouble of calibrating the speedos again. Now I just have to figure out how to plug them up cleanly. It's probably not hard.

The digital displays show depth (on the left) and water/air/hours(very inaccurately)/voltage/time (on the right).

Personally, I'd prefer to have the speedo available at a glance and use the PP to read RPM...

104-0427_IMG.JPG

This is a tough call. I use both gauges pretty extensively. Ah well, I'll replace the speedometer and if I don't like it, then I'll try it the other way. It's not like this is a destructive modification.