Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Born Again Fakesetter

Slurpee

Oooooh, it's amazing what will happen with a facelift. WakeMD (the missus) and I put on the graphics Thursday night and we put on the tower Friday Night / Saturday Morning. Ooooooh, It looks nice. I've got some racks to put on there after I get it back from WSA with the new bimini.

Just a note to any titan employees reading this. Your template for the '01 sunsetter VLX is wide by about 5 inches on the rear hoop. FIX IT.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slurpee

• obski

• UWSkier

• Brad B

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it!

I probably would have gone with the Titan tower if mine hadn't already had a tower on it. Mine is solid, but I like the look of the Titan.

Great job Bryan.

Looks great.  Glad you went with the 04/05 sticker set.  Looks sharp, unique. 

You'll love the Titan.

Ahem Fingerwag.gif *I* did the stickers... :) Big, but nothing compared to the firebird sticker I put on my trans-am back in college.

And Thanks. I really like them compared to the old lettering.

Bryan...Looking good! I work in Salado/Belton and if you ever need an extra hand or a 2nd/3rd just let me know.

Edited by jpeavytx
Bryan...Looking good!  I work in Salado/Belton and if you ever need an extra hand or a 2nd/3rd just let me know.

Schweet. I'll put you on the mailing list. It's amazing how many "friends" we've attracted with the new boat. I think I've been out to the lake 7 days out of 10 since we got the boat. It'd have been more if the weather weren't so wild the last couple weeks.

04wslv, you think I'm going to push it too far with a woman who has easy access to mind altering drugs?!? Drool.gif Hah!

The thing I'm most proud of though.... I got that Titan I on there so that I can open the walk-thru window all the way without it hitting the tower leg! :)

Sweet!  Make sure to get some pics of you actually using it soon though.  :)  All we've seen are crash pics and glamour shots.  :)

Hehe, we keep forgetting the camera. We're working out our new checklist now. With all that storage we were loading up everything and forgetting what we really needed. It's getting better. :)

I pick it up Saturday (hopefully with the crash shots all gone). I think I'll take the parents out to Lake Granbury for a little fun before heading back to Temple. Hey Ronnie, can we turn up the music in front of your place? LOL.

So Bryan, what other mods have you done?

Ballast system?

Audio?

PP?

Bimini on the way - probably very useful in TX. Mine has been a lifesaver, but I only use it at Shasta or Billy Chinook, rarely at home on the Willamette. Will it be totally tower mounted (no tie down straps)?

Bilge pump? Biggrin.gif

Cover? I love the Rankin for mooring and towing.

Ballast.... Not yet. I'm still exploring the regular wake when I've got a full crew (unless you want to count them... they pay me...)

Audio.... I've got to change the HU so I can have an audio in for our MP3 player. Maybe later on some Fusion T3 Combo speakers and some amp or another. I'm not really an audiophile so I've resolved to fight a retreating action against my wife on that field so I can get other stuff first.

PP... Wakeboard Pro on the way as soon as I get a call from them to get my CC#. I wanted to ask them about that extended paddle wheel. Funny thing is... when I was crawling around under the boat looking for collission damage I saw a nice sized 2.5"-3.0" hole filled in with a grey puddy and finished smooth. It's right where I'd expect the paddle wheel to go. I'm wondering if this boat HAD PP at the dealer and the guy who bought it didn't want to pay for it and they ripped it out.

Bimini... Whatever WSA's latest is. Probably strapless and tower mounted.

Bilge Pump... You RAT... You told. :) I'm still kinda fuming about that. I better find that thing knocked loose up around the front of the boat somewhere.

Cover... I'm having them cut up my Malibu cover to fit around the tower for now. I'll pick up a Rankin this winter sometime.

I was thinking of a carpet saver, fuel/air seperator, fuel tank float arm sending unit, 537 Acme prop, spare trailer wheel/tire, wakeboard/kneeboard rack, money tree... money shrub.... money genie....

good stuff, looks great. I would be quite confused if I just saw that riding down the road. I would think it was a concept boat or something.

PP... Wakeboard Pro on the way as soon as I get a call from them to get my CC#. I wanted to ask them about that extended paddle wheel. Funny thing is... when I was crawling around under the boat looking for collission damage I saw a nice sized 2.5"-3.0" hole filled in with a grey puddy and finished smooth. It's right where I'd expect the paddle wheel to go. I'm wondering if this boat HAD PP at the dealer and the guy who bought it didn't want to pay for it and they ripped it out.

Probably not cuz there is a simple plug that can be inserted when the wheel is removed

money tree... money shrub.... money genie....

Up until I got up to that part, all I could hear was 'cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching.' :)

Hahaha, yeah. The critical rationalizations began with BIMINI. But to not buy one twice you really need to get it with a tower, and if you're going to get a tower, then get some racks to put the gear up on. It has more or less stopped there. The collision ruined one of my stickers so I upgraded the graphics. PP was a necesity for the marriage. My old 165hp I/O was PERFECT for pulling me up on a slalom. Just go WOT and the power curve was great for starting and the wife could manage the speed well enough. With 325hp, the game is all new....

So unless stuff starts to break and needs replacement I think my green is safe till next season's must have's start.

Bryan and Jen good looking boat adding everything was half the fun for us, make sure and bring it Oct. 7