Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favorite Moments

-BS-

My favorite moment is going for that morning ski with my wife and daughter.We each take our turn skiing,enjoy our coffee or hot chocolate and then cruise back for breakfast :) To bad every day did'nt start that way.

As for other boaters:

Having some one slowly idle up to us in the slalom course area to keep from making any wake and ask if we are about to ski a set or if there is anyone waiting/next in line makes me grin.

It’s icing on the cake when they ask if anyone in our boat would like a pull through the course when there are several people on board, this makes the captain very happy.

As for myself:

The view through the mirror at either one of my girls being pulled behind the boat on anything from a tube to waterskis really gets me.

Many times it’s more fun watching them have a good time than skiing myself.

When they sing and grove to any music being played while kneeboarding or wakeboarding, it’s precious to see them that happy.

We had a big moment last week when our youngest got up on a slalom ski for the first time, she is eight years old and it was from a deep water start! Yahoo.gif Awesome stuff!

It really burns up our eleven year old because she’s not quite there yet.

It makes us sad that such a big occasion happened so late in the season. Both our girls will be chomping at the bit for the start of springtime now, and so will I.

We are going out tomorrow and Sunday after Church, that may be it for the year if the chilly nights persist. Cry.gif

waking up and seeing the sun out with little to no clowds and the flags hanging strait down!! Thumbup.gif It's gonna be a good day!!

rounding the corner to the lake and seeing that it is glass with nobody on it. And pretty much any time we get to spend with friends and fam in the boat!!!

days like this

post-5306-1223090106_thumb.jpg

Edited by txwakejunkie

when my wife wears white sunglasses!

post-5306-1223090872_thumb.jpg

Sorry i could help myself, and i know its not a great pic but it is the only one i could find with her white spys. Biggrin.gif

having all the boys and their wife and kids listening to music with a beer in the hands getting ready for all the kids to get there first ride in.

i cant wait to get my two weeks old baby girl on the water for the first time with the new family!!!

Ohh, doubles sets FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if both of you are working on tricks and stick them back to back in a doubles set....hell yah!

I can relate to this.

1998. My brother is working for Hyperlite. He hears that Grafton Smith, the photographer for Waterski Mag., is on Lake Sammamish. After work we meet at the dock & go hunting.

Kevin & Jake are riding, I'm driving. We find Smith at the north end of the lake taking pictures of the boarders, sunbathers, babes on boats, etc. The guys start doin their thing, invert after invert, on both sides of the wake. The guys pull a double Around the Boat with inverts going in & out..... 4 inverts & an ATB in about 15 seconds..... right in front of Smith. He's impressed enough to want to go for a ride & take pics of the guys. The story is "The lake that never sleeps", July, 1998. We thought we were rock stars.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

With this being our first summer with a boat there have been a lot firsts for the family. Drifting on the lake having lunch and talking about the morning runs is when I have to pinch myself.

pulling up to the launch at the marina to drop the boat in for the first time and watching all the 'runabout' owners salivating over the Bu.

When you pull in and they see that fine Bu in tow I swear you can see the envy in their eyes! Drool.gif

Plus1.gif

As a 62 year old skier my most recent thrill has been being cheered and applauded for successfully making all the narrow buoys at 30 mph and 15 off. At this age it is great to have found some new friends that want to go to the lake more often than my wife does now. There are often 3 to 5 $40 grand boats out there watching an old guy go through the course. I tow my friends 1992 sunsetter to the lake with my duramax and take care of the trailer parking at Billy Chinook. I am often the 3rd best skier in our boat as I have only recently begun skiing the course after years of freestyle skiing. This old guy has gotten a second chance at enjoying waterskiing.

My all time favorite moments are the 20 or so people I've towed behind my OB Seaswirl Spyder and helped them get their "FIRST'S". In a lot of these cases this is the kids of adult friends who won't even consider skiing themeselves but I get kick out of knowing that these kids will remember the first time they got up and that "Uncle" (not by relation) Bob gave them a moment to remember.

Ditto: glass water, dropping the boat in the lake, recanting old waterski/camping stories, detailing my 1992 Spyder, can't get enough of course skiing, next year 6 wides.

Making new friends at the ski course dock.

Stepping off the ski platform and slowly sinking into the water.

Exclaiming "GO ---BOAT" to start a run.

The observation of some recent Michigan guests of the beauty of the Crooked River Canyon Narrows, and then the picture perfect views of snow capped Mt. Jefferson (10,500 ft.) appearing to be at the end of the Metolius River; both at Billy Chinook.

The "still floating" equilibrium feel hours after being on land; All because you got out early and it was so perfect you stayed later.

Of all the "moments" this photo from 2005 @ Shasta sums it all up for me. We had a full day and were heading back to the slip. I have it as a wallpaper with the caption "Pals Crashed".

Pat

post-50-1223140933_thumb.jpg

Making new friends at the ski course dock.

Stepping off the ski platform and slowly sinking into the water.

Exclaiming "GO ---BOAT" to start a run.

The observation of some recent Michigan guests of the beauty of the Crooked River Canyon Narrows, and then the picture perfect views of snow capped Mt. Jefferson (10,500 ft.) appearing to be at the end of the Metolius River; both at Billy Chinook.

The "still floating" equilibrium feel hours after being on land; All because you got out early and it was so perfect you stayed later.

Yeah, Billy Chinook.....early morning...fog still hanging over lake......all the Cascade peaks in the background......the rock formations/plateaus and wild horses in the foreground......It gives me chills!!

My favorite moment is on the first day of a weekend, opening that first beer after my first run and saying "It's noon in Boston." My other favorite moment is taking the boat back to the campsite after being on the water all day and smelling those charcoal fires burning knowing I'm about to eat a nice BBQ dinner.

Sun setting, glass on the lake just me in my wanker glastron running a line close to shore and behind me a malibu following, back and to my left. My son throwing back rolls, 360's and their rider with less experience but with determination jumping wake. Both enjoying the moment and each other, no one else disturbing the water. I wished I'd been driving the Malibu though.

Edit to add: There are so many great moments that I guess thats why we are still involved in boating; its a great life.

Edited by Kingfish
My favorite moment is, while free skiing on smooth glass with the water so clear you can see the bottom of the lake in every turn.

Plus1.gif

There are some great spots at Priest Lake 6' deep, clear water, sandy bottom...

Plus, everytime someone gets up behind the boat makes me smile (myself included).

Waking up in the morning and seeing "glass" getting every one out of bed and hitting the lake, "we can eat later"!!!. Seeing any one get up for the first time, young or old. I really like to see the young ones who are really scared to go tubing for the first time but finally give it a try , they usually end up climbing back into the boat screaming how cool that was .

Getting the cases of beer, wax, terry cloths, and cleaner out on a warm spring day and having the buddies over.

After getting launched for the first set of the year, hearing that 350 fire up, engine cover up (DD), and listening to that beautiful sound as it warms up.

After the annual fireworks show on the lake, putting on some great music with great friends singing along to whatever is on.

Seeing your best friend stomp a new trick

Relaxing, not always progressing, just doing stylish grabs on huge w2w 180's.

Adding way more ballast than you need to so you can just absolutely boost and enjoy flying.

1. first ride of spring after the long winter of a frozen lake (for those of you where it gets cool or what you think is cold, unless the lake is frozen enough to drive a truck pulling your boat on a trailer, you just have no idea how great it is when all that ice is gone)

2. Fall riding - glass all day - no tubers to deal with

3. The rare mid-summer morning when you can ride the main lake. Our lake has several bays that are good riding in most wind conditions, but the depths average around 10' or less. The main lake is 90+ feet but hardly ever glass. When it is, and you are riding...it's amazing. You can literally watch the wake grow as you leave the bay into the main lake. Main lake riding is AMAZING, but rare.

4. cheers from shore/other boats when you throw something cool or eat it.