Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

malibu serial # deciphering

wilsonalexander

bs001, I guess I'm not following your question or what might be 'weird' about it. You ordered a boat in October and it's being built in November. What would be 'weird' is if you ordered to boat in November and it was built in October. . .

If the hull #'s are not released until the boat goes into production....it would be odd to get a November hull # in October (or the first day of Nov).

If the hull #'s are released, based on a date of WHEN the boat will be made......you are correct, it would not be odd at all.

That is my question here: When are the hull #'s released? Is it WHEN the boat WILL BE made? or WHEN IT IS made?

I guess my question is based on a few incidents with my dealer that I considered to be questionable. IF THERE IS A DEALER OUT THERE THAT HAS A COUPLE MINUTES TO ANSWER A COUPLE QUESTIONS.......OR JUST LISTEN TO A QUICK STORY AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE......PLEASE PM ME!

Thanks to all for advice!

Perhaps your dealer used another production slot they already had or they had all Oct slots filled. Eitherway a dealer has answered your question of how it works, your dealer should be able to explain what happended.

Perhaps your dealer used another production slot they already had or they had all Oct slots filled. Eitherway a dealer has answered your question of how it works, your dealer should be able to explain what happended.

I'm sorry. I didn't quite understand what "they are issued as production calls" meant. I was looking for clarification on that statement. I guess I'm dense. If you are telling me to go ask my dealer, i guess that is what i will do...........I was just looking for some info, and maybe a third party opinion...........nevermind, no biggie.

Good stuff on the SN. Question, if Malibu is defined as MB2, what is MB1? Does anybody know if the 1 and 2 might designate which plant made the boat? If so, which one is 1 and which one is 2?

You can search the manufacturer identification codes here:

MIC codes

There is no MB1. So it would not offer information about which plant made your Malibu. They will all be MB2s regardless of where they were made.

Nice site. I couldn't find the Axis MIC... I like the MIC for TexSport...

Edited by 1FootDan

I'm sorry. I didn't quite understand what "they are issued as production calls" meant. I was looking for clarification on that statement. I guess I'm dense. If you are telling me to go ask my dealer, i guess that is what i will do...........I was just looking for some info, and maybe a third party opinion...........nevermind, no biggie.

There could be something unique to your situation that your dealer can fill you in on that's all. The standard procedure is as they are ordered each boat then gets an ID #.