Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rider cliche's

-BS-

Thats funny.....so its not just a 'boating' thing, huh? :) It reminds me of a guy up here that we see on the water a lot. He's got a Supra with 'sponser type' stickers all over his boat.....INDIMAR, ROCKFORD FOSGATE, LIQUID FORCE, VORTEC, etc, etc,.........the first time I saw him, I thought 'Wow, he must be sponsered, thats cool" .......but the funny thing is that whenever we see him put his boat in, he can't back it out of the dock ramp area (v drive owners know theres a certain art to backing up) so he has to do a 57 point turn to get out....its funny(and kinda scary to think he cant back his boat).....and then to top it off.. we NEVER see anyone riding behind the boat.......anyway, to each their own......it's just hard not to laugh!.........ps....ur bike looks bada$$!

Whats the difference between backing up a V-drive vs Direct Drive?

Yea, I wondered the same thing when I saw that. I think it's supposed to mean that "inboards" in general don't backup like many other boats. The position of the engine itself has little or nothing to do with it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• masterdinh

• Pat McCrotch

• zad0030

• Sandbagger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats funny.....so its not just a 'boating' thing, huh? :) It reminds me of a guy up here that we see on the water a lot. He's got a Supra with 'sponser type' stickers all over his boat.....INDIMAR, ROCKFORD FOSGATE, LIQUID FORCE, VORTEC, etc, etc,.........the first time I saw him, I thought 'Wow, he must be sponsered, thats cool" .......but the funny thing is that whenever we see him put his boat in, he can't back it out of the dock ramp area (v drive owners know theres a certain art to backing up) so he has to do a 57 point turn to get out....its funny(and kinda scary to think he cant back his boat).....and then to top it off.. we NEVER see anyone riding behind the boat.......anyway, to each their own......it's just hard not to laugh!.........ps....ur bike looks bada$$!

Whats the difference between backing up a V-drive vs Direct Drive?

Sry.........(vdrive AND direct drive owners know theres a c....).........just meant that its not like a I/O or O, and the difference between a good driver and bad driver is amplified when tryn to back one....straight :)

Now I will agree that maintenence on a V drive has a certain art to it.

Recently while on the water, we were talking about the things you see other riders doing/having/saying that seem to be common place, but are a bit cliche, or just silly, or maybe totally normal........but they still bug the crap (can I say crap?) out of us. I thought it would be funny to hear what bugs other boaters (NOT BAD DRIVING ETTIQUETTE, we will all go on for days!)

Here's my list: white sunglasses, 'full speed guy' (the guy who drives as fast as he can EVERYWHERE), stand up driver guy, a boatload full of people cheering for a rider, guys who sit on the back of the boat while their buddy surfs, guys who sit on the tower while their buddy surfs, boats that have stuffed animals hanging from the tower......and (my favorite): the guy you run into @ your local spot (that you've NEVER seen before) that tells you "we're out here everyday bro"

What are yours?

We fit into all of those in bold Biggrin.gif

When we are on small lakes (no cops) we will hang from the tower, sit on the platform, hang from the boom, etc...Is it a wally move? Maybe, but it's fun!

As far as standing up goes, I prefer to stand up when towing surfers cause the bow rides high and I just like it.

The only things that really bother me are people that follow too closely when I am towing someone or (and this applies only on the river) when someone is pulling tubes and you can't pass them because they are driving all over the place.

You sure it's not because of being height challenged? Tease.gif

Okay so which method are you guys using then? The "turn around" or the "Stab if forward then back up" and pull to left...repeat? Does it really even matter as long as you dont hit anybody or get in their way?

Obviously not causing damage is the goal, but assuming you intend to become a good driver it is nice to get out of there as smoothly and as quickly as possible. If I have room I just do the loop/one point turn around, and if there isnt much room I might do a three point turn (in tight marina docks) with some drift inbetween gearing.

This thread has made me even dumber than I already was.

Biggrin.gif

and has given me a headache...

Here's mine: When a guy post 15+ times on his own topic just to keep it going (I quit counting after 15...) Crazy.gif

(just givin' shiznart...to each his own)

This thread reminds me why I've stayed away recently. Sheesh. Where'd all the punk attitude come from? :unsure:

:( I miss the old days...not all change is for the better.

This thread reminds me why I've stayed away recently. Sheesh. Where'd all the punk attitude come from? :unsure:

Yea, without you here to police us Mikey, we get all sideways Tease2.gif

Missed ya though :)

• 3 years later...

Wrote ^that^ over three years ago. Too bad it's still accurate relative to "some other thread". :(