Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rider cliche's

-BS-

I get upset at the Tige that shows up just as we're leaving and decides to swap skiiers/boarders 20 ft from our buoy in the water... They get one on, then go for a run, and swap again. Shuswap is a huge lake up here, and the purposly did it because we were trying to get out. Some people are just dumb. The promptly gave us another little tolken by having their boarder drop right by out place so that the boat could do a full circle at speed. Stupid people don't deserve. There should be a manditory learn how to drive lesson for all new boat owners... seriously some people are just so dumb even when the have the whole reast of the lake to themselves.

Sounds like "learn to be courteous" is needed more than "learn to drive"..

either way... some people are just dumb. There's this one mastercraft that will go out into the bay when it's rough on the normal water and just sit there playing music while two teenagers do absolutely nothing. They'll stir up the water, and move around a lot. They're right in the line of every boat that goes by, so we all have to move around them. It's dumb to see people get out there just to ruin it. There's also a vlx that likes to come and watch me ride. He's awesome. He stays put, doesn't make a wake and most of all isn't in the way of anyone. He gets in close enough to shore as to not bother other boaters, and far enough from any one's property as to not bother them. I think it's a malibu thing. i've never met a malibu owner that has been an idiot on the water. Mastercraft - yes, tige - yes. I think as malibu owners, we're more relaxed and courteous

Edited by CrazyTegger
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• masterdinh

• Pat McCrotch

• txwakejunkie

• Sandbagger

I can think of something that bugs me that maybe you guys have run into. It never fails that when we are at the lake surfing, there will be at least one boat sometimes two that wanna watch. I dont mind the watching but they like to go slow and ride beside us so they can see exactly what is going on. There are only two or three boats that surf on our lak, us , txsurfer, and one other. The thing that gets me is when the rider goes down and you have to turn and go back for them there is no safe way to turn. Any direction you turn there are waves coming at you from either our boat or the onlookers boats. So you have to sit a while and let the waves pass so you can turn to go get your rider.

Plus1.gif This thread is a total train wreck. It is horrible, yet morbidly interesting to see what stupid stuff bugs some people (like what color sun glasses people wear) :unsure:

OK, back to the main gist of this thread. Something that bugs me is when a group of people have been drinking to the point that they are disruptive, aggressive or clueless about their surroundings. For example, I was with my family (I have 9 and 11 year old daughters) in a cove where lots of other boaters usually stop to rest, relax and swim. There was a boat with two couples on it and the two women were dirty dancing on the bow each with beer in hand and they decided it was a good idea to expose themselves to other boaters as they passed them in the no wake zone. I can't say I didn't like it but I did think it was inappropriate. Note to self; remember to bring blindfolds for the kids.

So, i would have to say the thing that bugs me the most are people who can't hold their liquor, it can be amusing but it still bugs me.

It sounds like a lot of peeps are having trouble finding thirds too. That definitely sucks. Been there done that. I can say I have worked HARD over the last few years to "network" myself into some great wakeboarding crews. Just like business you gotta hustle to get it. Anyone who shows up with friends un-invited usually gets the axe, and I am glad to tell them why, same for gas cash etc...especially if they are new. Everyone was new at one point. No personal crap just... "yah gas is like 20 a set, dont bring friends without asking, help wipe down etc.) Here in cali its pretty easy to find another third...its a driver who can drive a good dub with a loaded boat that's hard to find. I am teaching someone right now. I am always down to be taught too. I have been pulling all my life and am still learning things from other riders. Especially personal preferences like double up angles, etc. The other thing is the better the rider you are the easier it is to find a pull. Everyone wants to ride with people better than them so they can either learn or simply watch and enjoy the "show". (As long as your not a complete punk)

As far as someone not liking people "stretching out" before a set. Everyone I ride with stretches BEFORE they ride, usually we all try and do this before our set while the other person is riding but stretching out certain muscles requires the use of a V-drive sun deck for the room. I have NEVER seen anyone who rides a lot not stretch before riding (at least their first set). Generally everything beyond the first set isnt so important since your already loose. But seriously to those not stretching before their ride...do it....otherwise its a fast way to an injury. What about peeps "putting their red eyes in"? There are a lot of people who ride better high and enjoy it too. IMHO riding isnt a "rush! rush!" experience. Its a relaxing enjoyment of the water and conditions. If there isnt enough time for everyone to get a full set, them get some doubles going!

Edited by Liquidmx
Should a guy that loves wakeboarding and boating buy a crappy boat just because he can't wakeboard very well?

since you are askn..... no, but should you go out and buy the most expensive/flashy/wakeboard specific boat that Malibu sells? thats up to you.. in my humble opinion its a waste of $. I guess i'm a minimalist.......buy what you need, not what you can, use what you buy, buy it because you're gonna use it, etc.

...as always...I'm just chattn here, not judgn, Malibu makes sweet boats buy what ya like & enjoy it....See ya on the water!

Buy what you want, wear what you want, spend as much money as you want, cheer as loud as you want, sit where you want, stand up to see in front if you need to, and just go out an have a good time! I've seen it all, some of the worst wakeboarders I've seen have more fun than some of the best wakeboarders I have seen. Isn't the important thing in life to just go have fun and not worry about what other people do... Thumbup.gif

Oh yeah, isn't it a good thing for the economy if people buy stuff.

I think you forgot " don't have an opinion about anything" , "don't chat casually about your opinions", "be vanilla", AND MOST IMPORTANTLY " don't think things are funny"........JEEZ...did ya read the topic? did ya read "for no good reason", how bout "silly, or maybe totally normal"

Why is it that when two people are talking about a subject where they have different opinions, you ALWAYS have a third guy that needs to run in and start singing "give peace a chance"?

I guess I am just annoying Rockon.gif Anyways no hard feelings everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I get tired of people trying to look in the boat when everyone has their clothes off...........Just cause we are having fun doesn't mean the white sunglass guy has to look cool taking them off to see what is going on. Yahoo.gif

I think I will buy the $120,000.00 Master Crap so I can really be a part of what people are talking about.

Haha Great forum

Plus1.gif

dude it must be extremely Lame.gif in your boat!!! I love cheering people on when they do well!! I sometimes stand up while driving so that i can feel some air on a hot day. I like sitting on the back of the boat laughing at my buddies while they surf. And what in the world is wrong with white sunglasses? White spys on a hot blonde ( my wife) is always nice to look at!!!

And in Your case Cam, "A Hot blonde that could kick the a** of just about anyone that wants to step up to her!"

Spack

Fairly new so I am sure I will have more peeves later but my #1 so far:

Got up at 6am went shopping.

Pulled the boat out.

put up the tower.

checked fluids.

loaded gear, chests, vests for every possible size

loaded food drinks etc

check fluids in tow vehicle

Get a call from the 3rd........."sorry man just not feeling it today"

And in Your case Cam, "A Hot blonde that could kick the a** of just about anyone that wants to step up to her!"

Spack

lol, thanks man you know what they say "dynamite comes in small packages"

Recently while on the water, we were talking about the things you see other riders doing/having/saying that seem to be common place, but are a bit cliche, or just silly, or maybe totally normal........but they still bug the crap (can I say crap?) out of us. I thought it would be funny to hear what bugs other boaters (NOT BAD DRIVING ETTIQUETTE, we will all go on for days!)

Here's my list: white sunglasses, 'full speed guy' (the guy who drives as fast as he can EVERYWHERE), stand up driver guy, a boatload full of people cheering for a rider, guys who sit on the back of the boat while their buddy surfs, guys who sit on the tower while their buddy surfs, boats that have stuffed animals hanging from the tower......and (my favorite): the guy you run into @ your local spot (that you've NEVER seen before) that tells you "we're out here everyday bro"

What are yours?

"a boatload full of people cheering for a rider"

Guy who is pissed off because a boatload of people are having a good time and he never has a good time Rockon.gif !

Plus1.gif

dude it must be extremely Lame.gif in your boat!!! I love cheering people on when they do well!! I sometimes stand up while driving so that i can feel some air on a hot day. I like sitting on the back of the boat laughing at my buddies while they surf. And what in the world is wrong with white sunglasses? White spys on a hot blonde ( my wife) is always nice to look at!!!

Riders that think pro model gear make them pro riders!! People who say they pulled off the latest and greatest tricks, but when get in the boat can barley ride.

Cheering is fine, but it is hilarious! Could you imagine if when your neighbors bar-b-qued (aka. relax/drink/socialize/soak up sun.....like boating) they would play frisbee, or shoot hoops, or jump on the trampoline , whatever.......and they were constantly cheering for each other??!! C'mon......thats funny. Imagine it for a sec..... Imagine the ooooohs and ahhhhs that you hear on the water,,,, for a guy catching a frisbee Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif ....(I get the 'cheering for the kids' thing, thats just natural as a parent)...I'm talkin about when there's a group of similar aged people all cheering and screaming for their buddies... I dont care what ya say.......THATS FUNNY! (not wrong...just funny)

I agree that cheering is hilarious, thats what makes it fun!!! If you cant have fun when your out in the boat, then whats the point of even owning a boat! Dontknow.gif If you wanna sit around and be a stick in the mudd and not have fun, stay at the dock!

I don't see the point to this thread, each to his own, why does it bother anyone what someone else is doing unless it directly effects you. Oh ya,... and I to have white sunglasses with a star on them. Makes me feel like a rock star. LOL!!!

Well since this thread was turning into a 'who can pay for their toys' thread.

Check out this funny repo. that was on T.V. last week.

<a href="http://www.trutv.com/video/operation-repo/...?link=truTVshlk" target="_blank">http://www.trutv.com/video/operation-repo/...?link=truTVshlk</a>

That was awesome. Thumbup.gif

Probably bought his house on a liar loan, and the credit just started flowing after that.

What really gets me is when i drive to the lake on a nice weekend, as im in the staging area with my 06 v-ride no wake boards racks, no bad a$$

stereo , and behine me is a 09 vlx with every app posible. the owner starts talking to me about making a big mistake with my boat choice. He then adds that If we wanted to wakeboard on a real boat just flag him down. Ok now for the best part of the day we both end up at the same end of the lake . Me my wife and 2yr son just sit and watch. After 30 min or so of try and try again the best wakeboard boat along with the pro wake boarder that couldn't cross the wake. decide to sit and watch us. yes my turn , I fill the bags drop the manual wedge and off we go. first a backroll then another ,w2w 180 then im done. as we drive by I say just think what i might be able to do if i had spent $40000 more ha! ha!

What really gets me is when i drive to the lake on a nice weekend, as im in the staging area with my 06 v-ride no wake boards racks, no bad a$$

stereo , and behine me is a 09 vlx with every app posible. the owner starts talking to me about making a big mistake with my boat choice. He then adds that If we wanted to wakeboard on a real boat just flag him down. Ok now for the best part of the day we both end up at the same end of the lake . Me my wife and 2yr son just sit and watch. After 30 min or so of try and try again the best wakeboard boat along with the pro wake boarder that couldn't cross the wake. decide to sit and watch us. yes my turn , I fill the bags drop the manual wedge and off we go. first a backroll then another ,w2w 180 then im done. as we drive by I say just think what i might be able to do if i had spent $40000 more ha! ha!

I'm always saying that the equipment doesn't matter as much as how much the rider wants it. I'm sure that equipment does matter once you get to a certain point, but we get nasty off the back of my 95 response w/ no ballast and no tower or pylon, because that's what we have and that's what I could afford (I'm mainly a slalom skier).

I love those last two replies. Here's a situation that happened to me back in July. I'm at Laguna Seca for an open track day. There's these two guys next to us in the pits. they've got matching bikes with stickers all over them, on professional quality stands, tire warmers, one piece leather suits that are full of what look like sponsorhip logos and they're kicking it in their easy up with carpet to boot. I'm thinking, geeze these guys must be really good. I wonder why they're riding in the medium speed group. Well it turns out, (as far as I'm concerned) they should have been in the slow group. They were holding us up all over the track. Here they are on the right side of the pic. as me and my buddy are trying to get past them in the corkscrew.

Edited by Pistol Pete
"I think I will buy the $120,000.00 Master Crap so I can really be a part of what people are talking about."

..........dude, wanna go halves? Then we could moor it somewhere, never ride, and tell people how much we rule, and how much we spent on our boat!

c'mon....I'll even spring for a cupl pair of white shades!

Sounds like a plan.. Like the way you think.

I love those last two replies. Here's a situation that happened to me back in July. I'm at Laguna Seca for an open track day. There's these two guys next to us in the pits. they've got matching bikes with stickers all over them, on professional quality stands, tire warmers, one piece leather suits that are full of what look like sponsorhip logos and they're kicking it in their easy up with carpet to boot. I'm thinking, geeze these guys must be really good. I wonder why their riding in the medium speed group. Well it turns out, (as far as I'm concerned) they should have been in the slow group. They were holding us up all over the track. Here they are on the right side of the pic. as I'm trying to get past them in the corkscrew.

Gotta love the 00 too. That must be a "cool" number to have.

The people that tell me how I can do everything related to boats better, when I have lived on the water all my life and work at a marina.

Thats funny.....so its not just a 'boating' thing, huh? :) It reminds me of a guy up here that we see on the water a lot. He's got a Supra with 'sponser type' stickers all over his boat.....INDIMAR, ROCKFORD FOSGATE, LIQUID FORCE, VORTEC, etc, etc,.........the first time I saw him, I thought 'Wow, he must be sponsered, thats cool" .......but the funny thing is that whenever we see him put his boat in, he can't back it out of the dock ramp area (v drive owners know theres a certain art to backing up) so he has to do a 57 point turn to get out....its funny(and kinda scary to think he cant back his boat).....and then to top it off.. we NEVER see anyone riding behind the boat.......anyway, to each their own......it's just hard not to laugh!.........ps....ur bike looks bada$$!

Whats the difference between backing up a V-drive vs Direct Drive?

I love those last two replies. Here's a situation that happened to me back in July. I'm at Laguna Seca for an open track day. There's these two guys next to us in the pits. they've got matching bikes with stickers all over them, on professional quality stands, tire warmers, one piece leather suits that are full of what look like sponsorhip logos and they're kicking it in their easy up with carpet to boot. I'm thinking, geeze these guys must be really good. I wonder why their riding in the medium speed group. Well it turns out, (as far as I'm concerned) they should have been in the slow group. They were holding us up all over the track. Here they are on the right side of the pic. as I'm trying to get past them in the corkscrew.

Thats funny.....so its not just a 'boating' thing, huh? :) It reminds me of a guy up here that we see on the water a lot. He's got a Supra with 'sponser type' stickers all over his boat.....INDIMAR, ROCKFORD FOSGATE, LIQUID FORCE, VORTEC, etc, etc,.........the first time I saw him, I thought 'Wow, he must be sponsered, thats cool" .......but the funny thing is that whenever we see him put his boat in, he can't back it out of the dock ramp area (v drive owners know theres a certain art to backing up) so he has to do a 57 point turn to get out....its funny(and kinda scary to think he cant back his boat).....and then to top it off.. we NEVER see anyone riding behind the boat.......anyway, to each their own......it's just hard not to laugh!.........ps....ur bike looks bada$$!

Thanks.

And to add more, I didn't notice until later that their knee pucks hadn't touched pavement yet. Ha ha ha.