Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rider cliche's

-BS-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• masterdinh

• Pat McCrotch

• zad0030

• Sandbagger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care what other people are doing. I do my own thing and have fun with it. When a boat full of people cheer for someone I think it is cool. Especially when I just killed a fat switch 540. The cliche I dislike the most is the girl you meet that says she has been boating all her life and can pull a rider. You get out there and they go for the center of the lake with all the cool tubers.

Recently while on the water, we were talking about the things you see other riders doing/having/saying that seem to be common place, but are a bit cliche, or just silly, or maybe totally normal........but they still bug the crap (can I say crap?) out of us. I thought it would be funny to hear what bugs other boaters (NOT BAD DRIVING ETTIQUETTE, we will all go on for days!)

Here's my list: white sunglasses, 'full speed guy' (the guy who drives as fast as he can EVERYWHERE), stand up driver guy, a boatload full of people cheering for a rider, guys who sit on the back of the boat while their buddy surfs, guys who sit on the tower while their buddy surfs, boats that have stuffed animals hanging from the tower......and (my favorite): the guy you run into @ your local spot (that you've NEVER seen before) that tells you "we're out here everyday bro"

What are yours?

"a boatload full of people cheering for a rider"

Guy who is pissed off because a boatload of people are having a good time and he never has a good time Rockon.gif !

When you are changing riders people who slow down to about 10mph as they pass you. People who have a big wakeboard boat, big wake, loud music, lots of people, and you never see a rider.

how about the guy who talks it up, has all the latest gear, wears the coolest threads as seen in the boarder magazines, but cant ride or ski to save themselves

Somehow it seems that the wakeboarders we run into are of the foul-mouthed thug variety. When did high decibel profanity laden rap, language and "style" infiltrate such a clean water sport?

I miss the surfer tunes from my childhood at the beach.

Recently while on the water, we were talking about the things you see other riders doing/having/saying that seem to be common place, but are a bit cliche, or just silly, or maybe totally normal........but they still bug the crap (can I say crap?) out of us. I thought it would be funny to hear what bugs other boaters (NOT BAD DRIVING ETTIQUETTE, we will all go on for days!)

Here's my list: white sunglasses, 'full speed guy' (the guy who drives as fast as he can EVERYWHERE), stand up driver guy, a boatload full of people cheering for a rider, guys who sit on the back of the boat while their buddy surfs, guys who sit on the tower while their buddy surfs, boats that have stuffed animals hanging from the tower......and (my favorite): the guy you run into @ your local spot (that you've NEVER seen before) that tells you "we're out here everyday bro"

What are yours?

Guy who is pissed off because a boatload of people are having a good time and he never has a good time Rockon.gif !

Plus1.gif

dude it must be extremely Lame.gif in your boat!!! I love cheering people on when they do well!! I sometimes stand up while driving so that i can feel some air on a hot day. I like sitting on the back of the boat laughing at my buddies while they surf. And what in the world is wrong with white sunglasses? White spys on a hot blonde ( my wife) is always nice to look at!!!

Riders that think pro model gear make them pro riders!! People who say they pulled off the latest and greatest tricks, but when get in the boat can barley ride.

Edited by txwakejunkie
I miss the surfer tunes from my childhood at the beach.

Funny, that is what we normally have blairing when we have a big surf group. :)

Plus1.gif Beach Boys baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are yours?

We fit into all of those in bold Biggrin.gif

When we are on small lakes (no cops) we will hang from the tower, sit on the platform, hang from the boom, etc...Is it a wally move? Maybe, but it's fun!

As far as standing up goes, I prefer to stand up when towing surfers cause the bow rides high and I just like it.

The only things that really bother me are people that follow too closely when I am towing someone or (and this applies only on the river) when someone is pulling tubes and you can't pass them because they are driving all over the place.

When you are changing riders people who slow down to about 10mph as they pass you. People who have a big wakeboard boat, big wake, loud music, lots of people, and you never see a rider.

Awwwwwwwwww, we are just trying to show off our ballast tanks full and wedges down... Oh not to mention the extra weight we added....Just looking for your approval.....Kidding haha I don't know why they do it.....Maybe they think it is safer when a rider is in the water

Uhhh Ohhhh I wear White Oakleys, Have a new pro model Ronix board, Blast Hip-Hop, and a brand new LSV. Atleast I admit to people that im terrible at wakeboarding along with everyone else who rides in my boat. No tantrums or backrolls anytime soon.

Im not gonna go out and buy a crummy beginners board when I will just advance past it quickly. I feel like you have to atleast look the part when your out on the water if you cant actually be any good, ya gotta have some way to get random girls on the boat. haha

My biggest annoyance is also people pulling tubes, and have no clue where they are going. They remind me of snow skiers who feel they need to make huge S turns all the way across the mountain at the slowest rate possible. Hahaha

How about the guy who buys a brand new 23 LSV, spends a ton of money on the system, spends even more on his rims and tires for his trailer, and doesnt even know how to wakeboard and uses the boat to pull his kids around on a tube........ Oh wait, thats me Yahoo.gif

What are yours?

wow, you guys really took a good natured topic and ran with it.......I NEVER SAID "pissed off" ..... I just think its really funny and REALLY cliche...... but if not having a cheering section really gets u guys fired up, you should go play football......there's lots of fans there

well i stand up when i drive in the river to watch for logs etc. and where white versace shades, we sit on the side of the back of the boat to shape the wake, and i blare my tunes cause i spent about 15k on it and it sounds sick, hopefully we run into each other so i can say hi and ask you how come i havent seen you cause i come to your spot all the time

This ad seems appropriate here: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/849515910.html

2007 Malibu Wakesetter VLX FULL CUSTOM STEREO.

A quick review of the stereo (2-12"mtx 9500 series subs, 6EA 6x9 in tower with 4EA 6.5 component facing forward, 6EA 6.5" alpine speakers in stock locations, please give me email address and I can forward a detailed list of all the stereo equipment and pics.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED PROBABLY ONE OF THE LOADEST STEREOS YOU HAVE EVER HEARD!

The boat is fully loaded! 150 easy hours never pull anyone skiing or wakeboarding.340 monsoon engine, cruise control, power wedge, standard ballast tanks, pop up & swivel seat illusion tower, heater, pop up nose light, docking lights, Samson billet mirror, nice rach board racks, swivel nose trailer with new tires, stored indoors, bimini top, factory warranty transferrable, only option missing is the shower.

Too much to list. Call Dave at 209-923-1510 or email with questions and we'll send more pics, info and details. We will deliver boat anywhere in the US for full asking price.

post-28-1222916078_thumb.jpg

Edited by stewart

Awwwwwwwwww, we are just trying to show off our ballast tanks full and wedges down... Oh not to mention the extra weight we added....Just looking for your approval.....Kidding haha I don't know why they do it.....Maybe they think it is safer when a rider is in the water

Its usually people riding in a Bayliner, with the captains call exhaust, standing up, beer in one hand, Rockon.gif on the other, hat on backwards, no sleeves, and sunglasses on their head.

I forgot the Skynard music.....

Oh to boat on the rivers of the Midwest

Posers...... you just have to laugh at the guy with the $60k boat, $1000s of dollars in gear, and he either doesn't ride at all or really sucks at it.

Years ago I did an exhibition at the Pro Tour Stop in Abbotsford BC. One of the Outlaw class boarders was having a hell of a time sticking his tricks. As we came around to pick him up for like the 3rd time, the boat driver (who shall remain nameless) tells him, "Just ride with soul, bra, just ride with soul".

Later I had to ask my buddy if that was surfer-talk for something like "lets try a trick that you can ride away from, huh".

Posers...... you just have to laugh at the guy with the $60k boat, $1000s of dollars in gear, and he either doesn't ride at all or really sucks at it.

You laugh at him but deep down inside your envious. You wish you had his boat and you wish you had his gear. Its only human nature to want the best of whatever it is you like. Whether its cars, houses, clothes, guns, boats etc...

Thats not directed at you Bill.

We all gotta start somewhere..... Might as well start off with a sweet boat and sweet gear, that way we dont have to worry about outgrowing the boat we own.

3rds who don't show up or are late (usually only happens once, a 2nd time and they don't get a call to come out again)

I totally understand that most power turning people or people who drive in circles around the glassy bay just don't know any better...what I can't stand is when you motor over and talk to them really nicely and they are either total jerks about it or seem to understand and then do it again.

Boats with really loud music, our lake is very dense with houses and not that big. The rider doesn't really need to hear the music, there are noise ordinances. I don't want to hear their music!

my least fav: motormouth in the boat at 8:00am...I just can't handle people that can't stop talking that early in the morning.

3rds who don't show up or are late (usually only happens once, a 2nd time and they don't get a call to come out again)

I totally understand that most power turning people or people who drive in circles around the glassy bay just don't know any better...what I can't stand is when you motor over and talk to them really nicely and they are either total jerks about it or seem to understand and then do it again.

Boats with really loud music, our lake is very dense with houses and not that big. The rider doesn't really need to hear the music, there are noise ordinances. I don't want to hear their music!

my least fav: motormouth in the boat at 8:00am...I just can't handle people that can't stop talking that early in the morning.

My little one loves the music!

gallery_6526_460_47988.jpg

Can't wait to show this one to my son ... he has the white Oakleys and loves 'em Whistling.gif

Lots of honest realists out there in this thread :blush:

When I started reading this thread, it reminded me of the video Mike Weddington did for the 2000 model year DVD, where he was a wally bumming a pull behind a new wake boat. It was a classic....