Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Framless Windscreen"???

fletcher54

my point is that it clearly has a frame around it like all previous windshields. frameless to me is no frame at all!

Well there has to be some sort of frame....

To our member from down under it is basic US marketing BS. Don't believe non of what your hear and half of what they say (Lou Reed) If they come up with a gas less engine then they will have my attention. Clap.gif

Its just one of those small things that bug you. every time i hear theres a frameless windscreen, i expect to see a "frameless" windscreen. to me the frame on the screen is the same as ive seen for the last 20 years. what is the point of claiming this feature? are we the consumer considered to be that stupid? id rather see the vents done away with in aid of better vision.

my point is that it clearly has a frame around it like all previous windshields. frameless to me is no frame at all!

Well there has to be some sort of frame....

Not true.... some skiboats had windshields with no frame.

I think the Malibu Tantrum was one..... and I think there was a Moomba or Gecko model with a "frameless" windshield.

As per the newer windshields with the round/oval (and now squarish) corner frames..... I also think they look tacky. Yes, I understand why..... in order to provide head clearance for the observer, you need to have a fairly sharp angle at the "corner"..... something that is tough to do with solid glass. Much easier if you have a join. But..... my goodness, is that awful looking wedge of chrome necessary? Chrome (ie: shiny in the sun) at the front..... what were they thinking? I'd rather see a low lustre black. Just my opinion.

The latest version of the windshield IMHO is s winner. Great Sight, unquestionably "Malibu" Look, and quite solid.

The Corvette could be classified as truly frameless

But..... my goodness, is that awful looking wedge of chrome necessary? Chrome (ie: shiny in the sun) at the front..... what were they thinking? I'd rather see a low lustre black. Just my opinion.

Doug, reflection hasn't been a problem at all this summer using my and partner's 08 RLXis. In person, the chrome corners look pretty sporty. I wasn't a fan of the entire windshield when it came out, and I'm not saying it's as sleak as previous screens nor do I like it from every angle, but I really do like it overall. There have been many occasions this summer when I've realized the chrome has caught my eye and I'm checking it out.

There have been many occasions this summer when I've realized the chrome has caught my eye and I'm checking it out.

Yeah, but what about when you haven't just popped one of your little blue pills, old man? Tease2.gif

There have been many occasions this summer when I've realized the chrome has caught my eye and I'm checking it out.

Yeah, but what about when you haven't just popped one of your little blue pills, old man? Tease2.gif

Well, same thing, but I don't get the dazzling array of hallucinogenic, reflective prismic light beams. Dork.

I like the windshield and lots of people make positive comments on it. The real advantage for those that ski early in the morning is it works like a defrost vent and help clears up the windshild on those very early morning sets...especially witha ball cap wedged in at the correct angle...

Its just one of those small things that bug you. every time i hear theres a frameless windscreen, i expect to see a "frameless" windscreen. to me the frame on the screen is the same as ive seen for the last 20 years. what is the point of claiming this feature? are we the consumer considered to be that stupid? id rather see the vents done away with in aid of better vision.

I can see fine out my boat. You should post this in the new pet peeves thread on things that bug you but don't matter. Tease2.gif

I thnk what it means by frameless is that there is no frame around the outside of the window. It's more of just casing to keep the look. There still is a frame to hold it in place. in certain spots tho

Edited by CrazyTegger

so what we will agree on is, it is frameless but there is a frame to hold it together. but malibu call it frameless because the black 30mm surround is nearly invisible to some of us

I can see fine out my boat. You should post this in the new pet peeves thread on things that bug you but don't matter. Tease2.gif

What about stainless steel? Could that be posted in the same thread or would it warrant one of its own? ;)