Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

In search of new skins and advise

I've got a 2000 Wakesetter/Escape LSV. Skins are starting to tell me they need some attention (probably replacement). Is this a dealer item for a 2000 boat? I think I've seen posts where there is some guy that can supply skins for older boats. How do I find him? What kind of hurdles are there for this project? Any thing else I need to do while the skins are all off?

Thanks for the help!

Search the word "Chee" and should find what you are looking for regarding skins. He does Malibu boat skins for boats older than 8 years. Anything newer you can get from the factory, so you are on the cusp with a 2000. I believe Chee's last name is Maou. He's a good guy, I bought a full set of skins from him for my '98 Echelon.

Good luck.

Also, use SS staples, and check the foam for any problems before installing new skins.

Edited by gjsmith73

I have the same boat and same issue. I have read some things here about Chee, but am just starting to look into this and have no details. I would like to know what you find out.

Last February Chee made new skins for the front and back seat of my '00 Response LX. His price was fair and two weeks after I sent the check he had them at my front door. I had a local upholstry shop do the replacement. It all went well and my seats look like new!

PM me if you would like his number