Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what is your seasons length

h20sportsbum

This year our season started on February 3rd and last year ended the weekend before Thanksgiving. We'll probably hit the water once or twice during Dec/Jan depending upon weather. We'll probably finish the season w/ upwards of 170 hours +/-.

Winterization what's that… :)

My boat will be winterized soon, but will be riding as long as I am invited over the hill. Whistling.gif

Thumbup.gif As long as my pocketbook can take the $$$ we're gtg.

This year our season started on February 3rd and last year ended the weekend before Thanksgiving. We'll probably hit the water once or twice during Dec/Jan depending upon weather. We'll probably finish the season w/ upwards of 170 hours +/-.

Winterization what's that… :)

Malibudude, I'll look you up if I go to Napa, CA for Christmas. Not going to drag my ski or double bubba wet or dry suit across the county, but I could spot, thanks

Sure! Just bring a bottle of our favorite wine... :) j/k Drop me a line and we'll see if we can get out and weather plays ball.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictedto6

• Green_Giant

• SunriseH2OSkier

• Sixball

Haul out is scheduled for 10/12 this year with winterization to follow immediately in the driveway. Detail Columbus day in the garage, then lock her up 'til spring launch around Memorial Day. We would have been out this past weekend, but Hurrican Kyle decided to dump some rain around here all weekend.

We start using neo tops this time of year and will soon switch to drysuits and go until late November or early December. We usually start up again in late February or early March in drysuits. The biggest problem around here for us is that the river is running very high and fast with lots (more than usual) of debris from the rains and mountain runoff.

I used to winterize the boat from December to March, but now that I have indoor storage I don't winterize anymore, so if good conditions emerge, we can get out.

I'm f/PDX too....we ride April thru Oct........I thought we were hardcore, jeez! How many hrs do you put on the boat a year doing that (we do 170 yr)? Where do you ride early season.....We're almost exclusively in the Columbia, and the debris was CRAZY this year till almost June...we ended up surfn a lot......anyway, good to see the 503 on here!

I think our boat got winterized today, but I am not sure. It went in for a little work yesterday and a few weeks ago (when it was raining) we talked about winterizing it during this appointment. Thank goodness for friends who don't winterize their boats!

For us, the season seems to last between the end of spring soccer season and the beginning of fall soccer season. The boat is already winterized and tucked away in the garage under it's cover.

I try to follow the 90 degree rule, however most of my crew follows the 100 degree rule, and my wife follows the 150 degree rule Dontknow.gif So, I have trouble finding a third late in the season. Last year we started in May and skied until November. This year we started in April and are still going strong.....

SW MI it all just depends on the ice on the lakes. My first ski was mid April this year thanks to Zac at The Edge, and I hope to ski up to about Halloween before I put the boat away for the year. I just skied this past Saturday at 8:30am and it was a balmy 36 degrees F. Needless to say I had the lake to myself. It was also very foggy so it was quite picturesque as I cut back and forth between fog banks, barely able to even see the boat at 15' off. The water was about 58 though so the start and finish were "warm". I'll remember that morning for a long time! Somehow I could not talk my 67 year old father-in-law into the water for a set. Gotta love those fair weather skiers! Thumbup.gif

Edited by 2003w23lsv
MalibuNation
SW MI it all just depends on the ice on the lakes. My first ski was mid April this year thanks to Zac at The Edge, and I hope to ski up to about Halloween before I put the boat away for the year. I just skied this past Saturday at 8:30am and it was a balmy 36 degrees F. Needless to say I had the lake to myself. It was also very foggy so it was quite picturesque as I cut back and forth between fog banks, barely able to even see the boat at 15' off. The water was about 58 though so the start and finish were "warm". I'll remember that morning for a long time! Somehow I could not talk my 67 year old father-in-law into the water for a set. Gotta love those fair weather skiers! Thumbup.gif

2003w23lsv,

Looks like Zach and company might be skiing on Black Friday this year ... up for it?

Black Friday

S.E. Wisconsin, my boat is usually last as we have a boat house to keep it in without worrying about a couple of hours below freezing. Then, Halloween weekend is usually the last for us. Once it's below freezing for more than a couple of hours at night it's just not worth the risk.

Year round and I'm not using antifreeze this year to simplify the re-winterization process, just drain everything real good. I plan on adding those quick-connects on the heater that I read about on this awesome site.

We're probably inching up on drysuit time, I use a cheap baggy one from Adrenaline, works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

MailbuNation,

I always travel back home to Missouri over Thanksgiving, so just as last year, will miss this event AGAIN! If I am ever here when they do this I WILL be there, no doubt about it.

Its 3 months most years; sometimes the ice is not off the lake May long weekend which really sucks. Makes it tough when you have kids in school and they are involved in sports activities as well. Summer months and good weather are a precious commodity.

October 18th... pulling the boat out -- what a great, great summer!

Changes, first child has been at University since September, and Mom is a little hard to convince -- but for all you hear, owning a Malibu, and getting the family together is priceless... all that is left is a Mi winter. Thank god for Skier's Pier -- if the auto industry ever stabilizes it would be nice to look at an upgrade.

Thanks to all that post and to the administrators -- this site is a "daily" must read!

Just went to a dry suit. Needed it Tuesday morning. By Thursday I probably didn't need it anymore but am skiing better in the drysuit than being chilled in the long sleeve top. Got into 38 again, so I think I am sticking with the drysuit for rest of the season.

Winterized the Sunsetter at the boat launch Sunday. We are heading to FLA this coming weekend and will be skiing a bunch down there. Can ski frequently in FLA during the winter (friend sends his boat down there for the winter) but looking forward to the snow flying and getting out on the sleds.

PA190024.JPG

PA190047.JPG

P2240043.JPG

Edited by CTSunsetter

We had some nice weather at times over the weekend, but I had to work the entire time. Cry.gif

The rain will be coming soon and then the chances to get out with the sun will be greatly diminished.