Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what is your seasons length

h20sportsbum

The water is getting down to 65 and the air is between 73-85.

For a minute there, I was trying to figure out what the heck you could be talking about. The I remembered you moved. . . Biggrin.gif

Greg, you can just

It's tough! Having to just wear shorts and a vest all the way up to Halloween... It's not as easy as it looks on TV. If you need to do some warm climate testing Jerry, you come on down and I'll hook ya up with some ski rides!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictedto6

• Green_Giant

• VinRLX

• Sixball

If you need to do some warm climate testing Jerry, you come on down and I'll hook ya up with some ski rides!

Sounds great! Thumbup.gif Hopefully we'll still have something to test after this economy gets done chewing us up and spitting us out. :(

Just tucked the boat away for the winter last weekend. Got a buddy who keeps his SN in a heated garage, so if the weather cooperates we can still get a few runs in.

The water is getting down to 65 and the air is between 73-85.

For a minute there, I was trying to figure out what the heck you could be talking about. The I remembered you moved. . . Biggrin.gif

:lol: i thought the exact same thing..

fiiiinally got my first course set in for this summer, the latest in years! Cry.gif a combination of uni, illness in the family and doing a hamstring wakeskating a few weeks ago doesnt help Mad.gif i love skating but hate that i injured myself doing it. if i did it slaloming i wouldnt care as much. water was 80 and air around 85 and light breeze. still wore a 5mm neo top Baby.gif took it very easy as ive only stopped limping a few days ago and still got a bit to go. best thing was i ran my first pass :) . it was only at 55k, but dont think ive ever ran my first pass back after winter.

will ski up until nationals which is at easter. probably wont ski much after that and then get ready for snow!

chef, great to hear you are getting your kids into three eventing and your son went over and rode out! Clap.gif wish i had the kahunas to jump more often. :blush:

Edited by Toby
Got a buddy who keeps his SN in a heated garage, so if the weather cooperates we can still get a few runs in.

What makes you think that if you didn't ski all freakin' summer you might actually go this Fall? Besides, you're too old to ski past Labor Day--brittle bones and cold water don't mix. Even if Grampa has a USIA drysuit. Tease2.gifCrazy.gif

Got a buddy who keeps his SN in a heated garage, so if the weather cooperates we can still get a few runs in.

What makes you think that if you didn't ski all freakin' summer you might actually go this Fall? Besides, you're too old to ski past Labor Day--brittle bones and cold water don't mix. Even if Grampa has a USIA drysuit. Tease2.gifCrazy.gif

Boy if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, Mr. 'herniated disk'... Baby.gif

I'll give those a try, I've used the neo cap that straps under the chin but hated the water trapped by the ear and the whistling wind effects, screwed up my balance big time.

Same here - I didn't like the neo hood. The Swim cap works much better. If the wind bothers your ears you can keep the cap above it.

Crazy guys I ski with here just wear a wool hat. It keeps you warm for one set. If you are going to do two sets you need a second hat.

Boy if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, Mr. 'herniated disk'... Baby.gif

Lightsabre.gif I skied seven days in October (Shhh, don't tell my doctor). How about you Delbert? Bash.gif

I'll give those a try, I've used the neo cap that straps under the chin but hated the water trapped by the ear and the whistling wind effects, screwed up my balance big time.

Same here - I didn't like the neo hood. The Swim cap works much better. If the wind bothers your ears you can keep the cap above it.

Crazy guys I ski with here just wear a wool hat. It keeps you warm for one set. If you are going to do two sets you need a second hat.

When we ski, it's almost always 2 sets or more. Unless it's windy :)

Doesn't that wool hat get wet right away?

Lightsabre.gif I skied seven days in October (Shhh, don't tell my doctor). How about you Delbert? Bash.gif

4 days here. But some of us have to go to work every day... Tease2.gif (I'm not sure who is poking who in the eye with that statement :) )

Back from a week in FLA. Air was hi 70s, water was 71. I didn't bring a wet suit (but I did get an O'Neal top). Mrs. is nearly 100% on all her wake rolls now!! She was getting the totrial on fronts from Scott Honkala so maybe next summer or when we head back in January....

PB010250.JPG

IMG_4232.jpg

Edited by CTSunsetter

We skied Sunday here, water 45, air 70. Probably the last set of the year. I did get a new PB, so I am going out on a good note. I should be skiing today, but work gets in the way, and now it gets dark at 5, so I can't go after work any more. I hate winter in MN

We could go year round out here in S. Cal. Problem is were spoiled by warm lake water.....and come about end of October finding 2 people to go with me starts to get hard. Its supposed to be 80 this weekend and water is probably down to about 65....im ready to go....my summer ski buddies are not. I did find one guy and an observer to go with me last weekend on October 26th. Prospects this weekend are not good.

Paul

We're hitting the water here today. First real chilly day we'll be in. The high is 43. Throwing on the cheap wetsuit and having a go at it.

lake-bum

I got out Sunday Nov 2nd on Priest. Water 64* air 72* Got my run on my SkySki in. Where are you riding?