Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what is your seasons length

h20sportsbum

We hit the lake this weekend for a full day of wakeboarding. Very few boats on the lake and only a 6 mph wind. It was beautiful weather!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictedto6

• Green_Giant

• VinRLX

• Sixball

My season may be over. The boat came out Tuesday night temps dipping into mid 20's next two nights. The next week is calling for rain wind and rain and snow mix. I just got done pulling the lift and docks. Its a good feeling getting the work done but oh so sad to be calling an end to the season. The Bu got all the fluids changed and it is in the garage but I haven't drained the water or added antifreeze yet still hopping to get a nice day. This is the earliest I have had to pull in five or six years. Cry.gif

Feel for you sixball. :-( Just hooked up the boat, it has been glassy all week and sunny but cold, chilly tomorrow morning but we're going to tough it out. Just rigged up my quick-connects for the draining program!

Edited by Green_Giant
Yahoo.gif Just came in. I got another ride in this morning. We skied and pulled the last boat off the lake. Well the last ski boat. Did get a good run in water 48 and air 49 Nights going into the low 20's this week at night.

I am out. I pulled the boat on Friday and got it mostly winterized. I still need to clean it up and wrap it for the winter. The water was 48* and the air about equal. It turned out to be beautiful weekend and definitely skiable as the air was in the mid 60s but I was too busy with my kids (hockey games and figure skating competitions) to spend any time on the water.

We had an unbelievable season. My son ran the course with gates up to 26 mph, learned to trick ski and landed a jump off the big ramp. My daughter got better at her deep water starts and learned to do some surface turns on the wakeboard. The tube got almost no use whatsoever. I learned some things and ran more 28 offs then in previous years and ran 4@32 a couple of times. I know I can run 32 next year.

Now onto getting in some shape for next year.

Yahoo.gif Just came in. I got another ride in this morning. We skied and pulled the last boat off the lake. Well the last ski boat. Did get a good run in water 48 and air 49 Nights going into the low 20's this week at night.

Glad you were able to get that one last day in. Sounds chilly, but can tell you had a blast!

I am out. I pulled the boat on Friday and got it mostly winterized. I still need to clean it up and wrap it for the winter. The water was 48* and the air about equal. It turned out to be beautiful weekend and definitely skiable as the air was in the mid 60s but I was too busy with my kids (hockey games and figure skating competitions) to spend any time on the water.

We had an unbelievable season. My son ran the course with gates up to 26 mph, learned to trick ski and landed a jump off the big ramp. My daughter got better at her deep water starts and learned to do some surface turns on the wakeboard. The tube got almost no use whatsoever. I learned some things and ran more 28 offs then in previous years and ran 4@32 a couple of times. I know I can run 32 next year.

Awesome Chef. Great to hear about your kids progressions. I'm hoping my eldest daughter will be ready to try the slalom stick next year. She was more interested in playing on the boom in a barefoot suit. We didn't get passed the swing, but she had fun and that's what matters. Tube still got plenty of use. Funny how they love it...my memories of tubing (granted it was a truck tire tube with a big ole stem) are not that fond :). But whatever gets them in the boat and on the water!

Edited by Addictedto6

Thumbup.gifClap.gifRockon.gifYahoo.gif:salute: To your Son and Daughter!!!!!!!!

I went Friday night and again on Sunday in just a warm top! The water is getting down to 65 and the air is between 73-85. We will run out of light before the water gets too cold to ski and I never did winterize the boat last year and don't expect to this year. We'll keep going on weekends until Thanksgiving and then the weekends get busy and we will start back up in Late Jan.

The water is getting down to 65 and the air is between 73-85.

For a minute there, I was trying to figure out what the heck you could be talking about. The I remembered you moved. . . Biggrin.gif

Skied Saturday, Air 53, water 48. Still getting into 35, even with my drysuit on. The cold water is really starting to hurt my hands. I hope to get a couple more sets yet. It is supposed to be 60 on Wed here, so definately have to get out then.

We were out again Sunday, had a hard time getting past the ice cream headache, how do you guys deal with that? Air was 40, not sure about the water but it wasn't as bad as the air.

We were out again Sunday, had a hard time getting past the ice cream headache, how do you guys deal with that? Air was 40, not sure about the water but it wasn't as bad as the air.

I wear a fleece headband. It really helps. After each set, I wring it out and its good to go.

BTW, you are more brave than I if you skied with 40 degree air temp. 50 is about my minimum. Water temps don't matter to me as much as the air temp.

Edited by Brodie

try a swim cap

I'll give those a try, I've used the neo cap that straps under the chin but hated the water trapped by the ear and the whistling wind effects, screwed up my balance big time.

I'll give those a try, I've used the neo cap that straps under the chin but hated the water trapped by the ear and the whistling wind effects, screwed up my balance big time.

Same here - I didn't like the neo hood. The Swim cap works much better. If the wind bothers your ears you can keep the cap above it.

Went out yesterday. Air was 91 and water was 74. Gotta love Phoenix for the long season.

I still did see a guy wearing a full wetsuit. Thought that was weird.

For a minute there, I was trying to figure out what the heck you could be talking about. The I remembered you moved. . . Biggrin.gif

Sadly enough, I think I acclameted too easily because that seems very cold to me now. A year ago I was skiing the same conditions and thinking I fallen under some lucky star to have it so warm... Of, course the hardshell boot I have now would have been nice and toasty while skiing in the 40 degree CO water but, that's my life- a day late and dollars short...

It was 73* here yesterday, 71* today and our boat has been winterized for a month Cry.gif I had to stay home this weekend and take care of my wife who had the flu, so I wouldn't have been able to ride anyways...but we won't ever be winterizing the boat this early again!

Here in Lewiston Idaho our season is 5 months which is pretty good for North ID. Some of my friends make it 6-7 but the air needs to be warm for me to go. May 15 to Oct 15, No wetsuit needed during this period. I haven't worn a wetsuit in 10 years but then again I might be braindead and not feel anything. Also I have a nice layer of blubber like a walrus that helps.

Skied Saturday on the Columbia River. Wore a shorty, could only get one bootie in the ski so one foot was warm. Glass, Glass, Glass--only saw one other ski boat amongst the few fisherman. Wasn't to bad, didn't even use the shower afterwards. Probably be it for the season though.

post-3940-1225138670.jpgpost-3940-1225138675.jpgpost-3940-1225138680.jpg[attachm

ent=12477:2.jpg]Some pics from Saturday. Couldn't get anyone to go out, so we had to settle for relaxing w/ the wife and the dogs!!!! Beautiful day though, 85 air temp and 83 water Thumbup.gif

post-3940-1225138665.jpg

Greg, you can just

post-60-1225141088.gif