Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Manual

tj_in_kc

On page 53 of the Indmar manual there is a Scheduled Maintenance Chart listing when things need to be checked, and when they need to be replaced.

Note that Spark Plugs are marked as Replace every 300 hours or Annually whichever happens first.

So Indmar/Malibu engines use AC Delco 41-932 Platinum plugs.

These plugs are rated for 100,000 miles for a car or truck. Why does that mean annually in our Malibu boats?

So i have to ask do you change your spark plugs every year?????

On page 53 of the Indmar manual there is a Scheduled Maintenance Chart listing when things need to be checked, and when they need to be replaced.

Note that Spark Plugs are marked as Replace every 300 hours or Annually whichever happens first.

So Indmar/Malibu engines use AC Delco 41-932 Platinum plugs.

These plugs are rated for 100,000 miles for a car or truck. Why does that mean annually in our Malibu boats?

So i have to ask do you change your spark plugs every year?????

I change mine every 100 hours but check them at every oil change.

I changed mine at a little more than 2 years and around 150 hrs, they looked like new. I might change them again next year after 2 yrs and a total engine time at around 200hrs or so.

After 6 seasons, my plugs still look like new. I will probably never change them. I ran the same plugs in my previous outboard motor from 1970 till 1988, even putting them back in after both rebuilds. I changed them on a bet that my 2200 hour motor would idle and run better. Well, it did.....for 5 minutes, then it was the same. I still have the original plugs in my present outboard from 1989 and have no intensions of changing them either after 1000 hours. Sorry, I don't buy into the hype, experience taught me otherwise.

Edited by electricjohn

I have 700hrs on my plugs and they still look and work fine , I change my fuel fillter every other year, oil change every 50hrs or 6 months, have never been broke down yet and burn 3.5 gals per hour I keep a log on everything because we use the boat for show skiing team since 2004. I pull 6 man barefoot, 5 man jump , and 12 girl ballet line, so if the plugs were goiing to act up I think the loads would make it noticeable.

If the Indmar manual is like the Malibu manual, it has probably has said the same thing for the last 20 years. I don't think they change the basics at all, they just add sections to update it as more features are added to the boat/engine.