Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 Iride troubles

Marmonick

I was out yesterday with 7 people in my boat, mls ballast full and had a 500lb sack in the front. the wake was amazing...boat was running fine...but everytime I stopped to turn around and slowly hit the throttle to turn around it sounded like something in the prop or shaft was loose. I took the boat out of the water and check the shaft and prop, I also checked the rudder and everything seems to be in order. Is there anything else that I am missing or can you guys/gals know what else it may be?

It is a 2006 Malibu Iride with approx 285 hours on it.

Thank you

Did you have the wedge down? I have a 06 vride and sometimes with a lot of weight in the boat and the wedge

down I get a funny noise when turning. I believe it is the wedge causing the noise. Just a thought....

I was out yesterday with 7 people in my boat, mls ballast full and had a 500lb sack in the front. the wake was amazing...boat was running fine...but everytime I stopped to turn around and slowly hit the throttle to turn around it sounded like something in the prop or shaft was loose. I took the boat out of the water and check the shaft and prop, I also checked the rudder and everything seems to be in order. Is there anything else that I am missing or can you guys/gals know what else it may be?

It is a 2006 Malibu Iride with approx 285 hours on it.

Thank you

I would check your prop nut, (torque spec 55 lbs)

Check your shaft coupler bolts that bolt up to the transmission, make sure those are good and tight, if you break them loose make sure to put some blue loc-tite on the threads.

Check your motor mount bolts, are all of them tight?

If your powering thru a turn loaded like that, your going to get a lot of cavitation from the prop.

-Paul

We have a 2007 in right now it sheared all 4 bolts on the coupler from the v box to prop shaft, he said he heard it rattling but thought it was the platform until it quit going.

Is that on a Vdrive?