Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Advice please

BlondieBlue

Crazy.gif im trying to sell my boat. the post is below. i had it listed on Ebay, craigslist, wakeworld, here. NO hits!! nothing no offers, no questions nothing. I really need to get rid of it and its an excellant boat. I dont understand why Im not getting any hits. I need this sold asap so any ADVIVE would help please.

thanks yall

katie aka miss blondie blue :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlondieBlue

• bigD

• MalibuTime

• h2oski

Crazy.gif im trying to sell my boat. the post is below. i had it listed on Ebay, craigslist, wakeworld, here. NO hits!! nothing no offers, no questions nothing. I really need to get rid of it and its an excellant boat. I dont understand why Im not getting any hits. I need this sold asap so any ADVIVE would help please.

thanks yall

Did you try boat trader? Craigslist isn't great, Ebay is hit-miss, and wakeworld seems to me to have a lot of kids. How long have you been listing it? This is probably the WORST time to sell (fyi)

Best of luck

thanks yall

Did you try boat trader? Craigslist isn't great, Ebay is hit-miss, and wakeworld seems to me to have a lot of kids. How long have you been listing it? This is probably the WORST time to sell (fyi)

Best of luck

oh i know its a bad time. yeah ive listed it for a couple weeks now. i was gonna try these first then hit up boat trader? hey you wanna buy a boat? hahahhaha. thanks for the reply though.

The price seems pretty fair with all that you are giving with it. I hate to be the one to say it but if you paid 8500 for the stereo, you got takin to the cleaners big!!! Other then it being a really bad time of year to sell i dont know why you couldnt sell it for mid 40's. Looking around at other sites, used boats dont really seem to be moving at all!!

Good luck!

Edited by txwakejunkie
The price seems pretty fair with all that you are giving with it. I hate to be the one to say it but if you paid 8500 for the stereo, you got takin to the cleaners big!!! Good luck!

If I was selling mine I would take out all the amps and subs and put a cheap 5 channel in it and a 50 dollar sub, if I even did that. You won't get anything for your system especially these days.

Well, you can't force people to buy a boat, that's the unfortunate thing. I'm sure if you try long and hard enough, someone eventually will be interested in it, you just have to be patient.

That's a very nice boat though, nearly the same exact one we have, colors and all.

Edited by CharlieBitMe
Well, you can't force people to buy a boat, that's the unfortunate thing. I'm sure if you try long and hard enough, someone eventually will be interested in it, you just have to be patient.

yeah thats true. uhhh. hahahah im laughing at your main pic.

"ouch charlie! you bit my finger charlie!" thats in a brit accent. hahahah

yeah thats true. uhhh. hahahah im laughing at your main pic.

"ouch charlie! you bit my finger charlie!" thats in a brit accent. hahahah

Haha I know right? One of the funniest videos I've seen in a long time.

"AhhhHhhHH... OOOooOOo. Owww. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!"

The price seems pretty fair with all that you are giving with it. I hate to be the one to say it but if you paid 8500 for the stereo, you got takin to the cleaners big!!! Other then it being a really bad time of year to sell i dont know why you couldnt sell it for mid 40's. Looking around at other sites, used boats dont really seem to be moving at all!!

Good luck!

the stereo is worth that much but thats not what i paid for it. Believe you me!!

The price seems pretty fair with all that you are giving with it. I hate to be the one to say it but if you paid 8500 for the stereo, you got takin to the cleaners big!!! Good luck!

If I was selling mine I would take out all the amps and subs and put a cheap 5 channel in it and a 50 dollar sub, if I even did that. You won't get anything for your system especially these days.

i know that why i reget getting it put in a few months ago. uhhhh live and learn though.

Why not just move the boat out of state with you and keep it until the economy improves? There aren't a lot of buyers out there right now and summer is over for a lot of people who aren't thinking about boating right now.

thanks yall

Price is to high... no one wants to carry payments thru the winter on something they can buy next spring for equal or less money. you need to consider the book value for next year and not this year. IMO you need to look at ~40K if you want to get rid of it quickly. just my two cents!!!

well it pretty much the worst time in history to try and sell a boat. :) . If you live near me (Rocklin) I can put in on my website. Not making any promises though. Its not like im sellng a bunch of boats either. I do get a few phone calls a day though..

www.rocklinwatersports.com

thanks yall

Doing a quick search here is another one like yours for sale. http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=751109 Someone can buy a lot of stuff for the difference in price

well it pretty much the worst time in history to try and sell a boat. :) . If you live near me (Rocklin) I can put in on my website. Not making any promises though. Its not like im sellng a bunch of boats either. I do get a few phone calls a day though..

www.rocklinwatersports.com

thanks. Yeah im in Fairfield/Vacaville area. OMG i would totally appreciate that.

im trying to sell my boat. my post is in my profile Crazy.gif . i had it listed on Ebay, craigslist, wakeworld, here. NO hits!! nothing no offers, no questions nothing. I really need to get rid of it and its an excellant boat. I dont understand why Im not getting any hits. I need this sold asap so any ADVIVE would help please.

thanks yall

katie aka miss blondie blue Innocent.gif

you can also try ski-it-again.com

BB

im trying to sell my boat. my post is in my profile Crazy.gif . i had it listed on Ebay, craigslist, wakeworld, here. NO hits!! nothing no offers, no questions nothing. I really need to get rid of it and its an excellant boat. I dont understand why Im not getting any hits. I need this sold asap so any ADVIVE would help please.

thanks yall

katie aka miss blondie blue Innocent.gif

you can also try ski-it-again.com

BB

thanks agian.

I had the best success from boattrader and onlyinboards. Keep in mind boat trader also has a Canadian site as well, don't discount our friends to the north w/ the current rates of USD vs. the CND boats down here are a great buy.

Plus1.gif Boat trader also. I'm in Burlingame and sold our '99 LXI to a guy in the LA area off BoatTrader.

Good luck!

Pat

I sold a 07 Seadoo Speedster 200 I thought I would never sell on Boattrader. Although I only got one response, that response bought. Good luck.

thanks yall

If you really would like advice, get rid of the LPA tower stickers on the front of the boat and any other advertisements. As a buyer I don't need to advertise and I don't want to be the one to have to take it off.

You might offer to repaint the speaker cans for anyone who doesn't like blue flames (me). Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but I wouldn't want it like that all the time. I guess I'm just more classic (conservative?) in the way I like my boats, I think others are too.

By the way, I also have a blue and black boat in almost the identical gel coat pattern.

Then, as other have said, boattrader or onlyinboards.

thanks yall

Doing a quick search here is another one like yours for sale. http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=751109 Someone can buy a lot of stuff for the difference in price

Looks like another Bu crew members boat Whistling.gif