Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

build up on hull

SHREDPOWDER

ok- so i bought a 00 rlx from a guy who left it in the water too much & or never cleaned the hull. so now it has a lot of build up on it. i tried tonys, it didn't even touch it, even with one of those green scrub pads. also tried nu hull acid hull cleaner. it's a bit frustrating, i can scrape off about maybe 1 square inch in about 10 minutes with my finger nail, that will take all winter. i tried a plastic scraper, but the rough surface of the buildup just melted my scraper, almost like i was rubbing it on sandpaper.

any ideas??

I use "Slimy Grimy" on my boat and it's worked great Pricey @ $25 little jar, but you should get a few cleanings out of that. You can reach them at www.slimygrimy.com

good luck

Z

I use muriatic acid but be very careful with it as it is nasty to work with. Don't get any on vinyl, graphics, or plastic parts and cover your trailer before using.