Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007+ rlxi must have

tru-jack

I know it's only legal in some states and provinces to ski with only the driver and skier, but let's admit it, we do it for the 6am glass in the course. This boat is an amazing ski machine but without an observer it leans more than previous models. People suggest weights, bags of lead-shot, but I just picked up 2 of these form redtagsports for $10 each and they work perfect and will not damage the boat in any way. So if you're looking to make that wake perfect with only a driver these are a great option.

http://www.gearbuyer.com/products/straight...b_recliner.html

we use 40 lb steel shot in nice bags from http://www.pop-products.com/

They work really really well, but we use a lot more than 80 lbs for wakeboarding. I do love how small they are and the handles/size make them really easy to move.

I'll admit, we ride with only a rider/driver in the spring and fall when nobody else will come out with us.

That is great information. I are always skiing with driver only. The sherriff doesn't seems to mind as we are skiing on the boom when there are just two.

Great idea! I have been thinking of doing the same. We ski with Driver and Skier only during the Winter months. Kinda hard to get anyone crazy enough to go out with us.

My RLX definitely leans to the driver side with no observer in the boat.

or just get an MC 197 with the observer ballast system... Whistling.gifBiggrin.gif

That is an option until it breaks / leaks or the pump fails. Cry.gif I picked up these bags for $10 each so at $20 I'm sure it is cheaper than the MC training ballast system, and simpler and you're still in a BU, so your boat drives better, has more room, skis as well or better, tracks better, and uses 25% less fuel Biggrin.gif ...or as you suggest you could get the MC 190/197. Or a Nautique and it balances nicely with only a driver, but they don't look as nice or park as nice... Anyone know what MC charges for their training system?