Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 VLX Diamond hull

blue

Gday

Have got a 08 vlx with the diamond hull power wedge been built in aus, My family loves to ski, but my brother and I also love to wakeboard and wakesurf.

Can anyone help me out in what watersacks I need to buy to get this bad boy putting out a good wake keeping in mind we dont have the malibu launch system.

Will the boat end up putting out a good wake once loaded simular to the wke hull.

Any feed back would great, thanks

Tom

Congrats mate and welcome to the Crew!

The wake will be very close to the same it'll just take more weight to get it there. The stock weight of the VLX is 300lbs. front/600midship/200lbs for the rear. I'd get two 440lbs Pro X sacs for the rear and their Pro X integrated bow sac (rated 800lbs), or if you rather keep the bow available for seating just get another two 440's for the walkway. If there is one thing this boat requires is front ballast, more important the rear imho.

If you like to surf get a Prox 750 for the rear trunk, 440 on the seat behind the driver and another in the bow all on the same side. Since I don't know anyone that has setup the VLX on a diamond hull for an '05-'08, you may need to add more weight to get the same wake output as the VLX on the wake hull.

Gday

Have got a 08 vlx with the diamond hull power wedge been built in aus, My family loves to ski, but my brother and I also love to wakeboard and wakesurf.

Can anyone help me out in what watersacks I need to buy to get this bad boy putting out a good wake keeping in mind we dont have the malibu launch system.

Will the boat end up putting out a good wake once loaded simular to the wke hull.

Tom

Wow! Welcome to TMC. Who would of thought of a VLX being built with out MLS. Was that a special order delete? Or is that a standard add down under( as in you have to add MLS as an option)? All VLX here come standard with MLS. I am sure people more in the know will chime in if it's better to try an add hard tanks in some of the standard locations, or just pull the floor board in the back sides and stick giant fat sacks there.

Edited by TheBlackPearl
Gday

Tom

Wow! Welcome to TMC. Who would of thought of a VLX being built with out MLS. Was that a special order delete? Or is that a standard add down under( as in you have to add MLS as an option)? All VLX here come standard with MLS. I am sure people more in the know will chime in if it's better to try an add hard tanks in some of the standard locations, or just pull the floor board in the back sides and stick giant fat sacks there.

My understanding is they can get the onboard ballast while the midship is standard while the bow/rear are optional. The 21' LSV (sister to the VLX) you can't get any onboard ballast.

Thans for that fellas,

Yer It is an option you have to pay for to have the MLS put in, but we thought we would keep the bow rider section open and put fat sacs up there when needed.

Edited by blue