Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mercury 350 - Having issues finding correct coolant hoses and random parts

Gave a shot at searching the net for some hoses that burst after I swapped out the impeller this weekend (upon further inspection, the hoses were due / are due for replacement)

So I'm looking for two specific hoses:

1. From the raw water pump to the engine (this one burst)

2. From the thermostat housing to the exhaust manifold (?) I forget where this one actually goes. It's the portion of the thermostat housing that has the check valve. The top outlet.

I'm also looking for a points rebuild kit. The spring for my weights has broken, I managed to jerry rig it to make my timing adv/retard on throttle, but I'd like to put everything in properly :)

How do you guys find parts like these?

Do you shop online or locally?

Thanks!

-Alex

1990 malibu skier

I have found it difficult to find parts online aside from the very standard stuff. There are some places online where you can get schematics, but I havn't found one I really like enough to use.

Here is one.

http://www.usboatsupply.com/outboardparts.php

You will need your engine serial number either way.

Discount inboard Marine sells some Merc stuff, but not much.

I'd just walk into an auto parts store with the hoses you need and match them up to whatever they've got hanging on the wall. There's nothing magical about the coolant hoses on a boat motor.

Gave a shot at searching the net for some hoses that burst after I swapped out the impeller this weekend (upon further inspection, the hoses were due / are due for replacement)

So I'm looking for two specific hoses:

1. From the raw water pump to the engine (this one burst)

2. From the thermostat housing to the exhaust manifold (?) I forget where this one actually goes. It's the portion of the thermostat housing that has the check valve. The top outlet.

I'm also looking for a points rebuild kit. The spring for my weights has broken, I managed to jerry rig it to make my timing adv/retard on throttle, but I'd like to put everything in properly :)

How do you guys find parts like these?

Do you shop online or locally?

Thanks!

-Alex

1990 malibu skier

www.perfprotech.com

Pistol Pete -

Yea, tried that - I need 1.25" - The local auto parts store didn't have it that size, so I checked what they had in molded, and even grabbing two and fusing them together wouldn't quite work.

Those links look good, I'm gonna bookmark them :)

-Alex

Sorry to hear that. When I needed a hose, the guys at a Pep Boys let me just walk around in their back room looking for what I wanted until I found a hose that would work.

Sorry to hear that. When I needed a hose, the guys at a Pep Boys let me just walk around in their back room looking for what I wanted until I found a hose that would work.

Hrm, Next time I'll try one of the bigger chains, pep boys and autozone are both a bit larger than shucks/kragen

Thanks,

-Alex