Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Table Hole Plug

panic

Anyone else ever lose the plastic plug for the table pole receiver that is in the middle of many Malibu v drives? Lost mine somehow and have to wait on new one from dealer. PITA and it bugs me looking at the hole. Be careful.

Mine was loose - but never blew out (unless I put that windscreen in while towing... then it would always be out of the hole when I got to the lake)

I put some electrical tape around the lower portion of the plug, to give it a little more friction (and to make it harder to get out)

You just reminded me that there is a plug there, lol. Well, on the newer ones it's more like a little cover since the table base is surface mount now, no hole.

Mine's been gone for a while and I never thought about it. Oh well, must not bother me much!

On my old VLX, it used blow out occasionally, but it never blew completely out of the boat. I think I would find it in the drivers footwell if I remember right. I don't have to worry about it on my Response Lxi. :)

Mine was loose - but never blew out (unless I put that windscreen in while towing... then it would always be out of the hole when I got to the lake)

I put some electrical tape around the lower portion of the plug, to give it a little more friction (and to make it harder to get out)

So it blows out with the wind screen in. Kind of ironic.

My dealer towed it back to me after warranty service with the windscreen in while I towed it to them with it out. Can't say for sure when it blew out but my dealer has been so good to me that I will just pay the price for a replacement and not make it an issue. How many dealers will have one of their staff tow it 150kms to deliver the boat after a problem covered by warranty?

Maybe time to invest in a Rankin cover. Lost a cup holder previously, now this...so it is only a matter of time that the Rankin should pay for itself. ;)

My baby gets mine most of the time. I was worried about it initially. And I've thrashed a two on it once. But most of the time I don't notice the plug not being there.