Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge

malcontent

When you're wakeboarding, where do you have the wedge - up, down, mid (and at what speed are you going)? Also which boat are you using? I've got the 21.5 VLX

When you're wakeboarding, where do you have the wedge - up, down, mid (and at what speed are you going)? Also which boat are you using? I've got the 21.5 VLX

wedge at 100% (half way down). I might tune it down to 70-80 so I don't punch through the wake as much next year.

Edited by CrazyTegger

07 VTX. Wedge all the way down for me and 20 mph. Rear ballast full and the midship half full or half empty you choose. I think everyone would agree that the setup for each rider can be quite different. It is just a personal preference.

We ride with the wedge '1 click below the max wake size' with all ballasts full (both rear and midship) and a 500lb fatsac in the bow. 24 mph, 80' rope. Its sweet, but your driver needs to drive IN A STRAIGHT LINE, which might sound obvious........but the more you max your wake out, the more important it is to drive straight or the wake will curl over. When I drive, I end up watching my prop trail in the rearview more than looking forward.......its an easy way to make sure your tracking straight. Oh yeah.... thats in the 2007 Vride (but the 2009 is on its way!)