Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 VLX 0R 08 LSV

surferbobo

Well we demoed the 09 VLX today. I can confirm most of the recent posts. Good in rough water. Malivue awesome. New seat higher. Surf wave on driver side is huge and clean. Passenger side surf wave was good.

We then demoed the 09 LSV. We actually liked the surf wave better on the 23. We liked the extra size inside. The boat had the 400 HH motor - I didn't like the hot rod rumble (vibration) but the power was great.

So now, we are thinking about getting a 23. I think only real difference with the 08 and 09 LSV is the Malivue and auto wedge. So I am thinking of getting an 08 which has the same hull and should have the same wakes. The dealer said that they have an 08 LSV demo boat which is the same price as an 09 VLX. Any thoughts?

Well we demoed the 09 VLX today. I can confirm most of the recent posts. Good in rough water. Malivue awesome. New seat higher. Surf wave on driver side is huge and clean. Passenger side surf wave was good.

We then demoed the 09 LSV. We actually liked the surf wave better on the 23. We liked the extra size inside. The boat had the 400 HH motor - I didn't like the hot rod rumble (vibration) but the power was great.

So now, we are thinking about getting a 23. I think only real difference with the 08 and 09 LSV is the Malivue and auto wedge. So I am thinking of getting an 08 which has the same hull and should have the same wakes. The dealer said that they have an 08 LSV demo boat which is the same price as an 09 VLX. Any thoughts?

I chose mine because of the room. I guess you cant go wrong either way.

I chose mine because of the room. I guess you cant go wrong either way.

likewise with us.

Malivue wasn't a deal breaker for us, and the wedge hasn't given us any troubles. We too chose the LSV for it's extra size. I opt for the 23

I owned a 2007 247 LSV wakesetter 8.1 and upgraded to a 2009 247 LSV wakesetter with the 8.1.

The 2007 was a demo and I traded it back in after 5 weeks of owning it. ( It had a long list of warrantee items and a stringer became unglued)

I took delivery of the new on and so far so good. No Warrantee issues and I have to say the 2009 is far superior to the 2007. Attention to Details were done.

I think Malibu is focusing in on Quality... That is very good for the new boat orders. I heard that they took my boat for 2 in the water test runs to just make sure all the electonics and ballasts work correctly and they did on delivery... Dealer did not even to a water test.. I just put it in the water and it all worked for me. Can't say that about the 2007.

I heard the radio and the switches and the throttle were issues in the 2008. I think they all were fixed but the radio was not.

First year and all with the radio.

My 2009 radio works great and interfaces with the usb memory card and Ipod pretty well and I have a mute button on the maliview and also on right LED switches.,

I am glad they did.. Quality is better, MaliView is owesome, and fit and finish.

How close will the dealer come down from for a 2009 23 LSV for you? There was a increase from 2008 ro 2009 and I think that is minimal when you look at the whole picture.

IMO - A 2009 Demo would be better to get than a 2008.

The New orders for 2009 can be coming in fast these days with the economy... Negociate the price down I would say.

You know they will not be letting the 2008 Demo go for any less than what they currently own it for...

So use the 2008 that sale price plus add the increase for up a year and that should be the price you pay of a 2009.. (if it was apples to apples options).

For resale reasons and more space I would go with a 2009 and 23 LSV.

I have a 247 so you can see that space is important to me.

I hope I helped you...

Bigger isn't necessarily better, and an new 09 VLX will have better resale (as a percent paid) than an 08 LSV because it is a newer design, and a newer model year. Also, doesn't Malibu sell more VLX? That means there is a bigger market for VLX than LSV, which can also affect resale as 23' starts to get pretty big to tow and store. Just pointing out an argument can be made either way.

With that said, buy the one you want, otherwise you'll always be saying shoulda, woulda, coulda.