Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat pulling to the right

malibuman583

I took my boat out last weekend and for some reason it seemed like it had a lot of weight on the right side, but didn't have anything set up different than using it in the past. I had a wake nearly coming over the back of the boat on one side, but not even close on the other. Any ideas?

Hard to tell from your title & description of the problem if the boat is pulling to the right or leaning to the right. Is it a steering issue or like the weight is off?

seemed like the weight was off. when going straight the boat was leaning to the right quite a bit.

And your talking about a Malibu Skier? No ballast? Do you know the history of the boat? Is this the first time you've noticed the boat lean? How much lean are you talking about?

yeah it's a malibu skier, and yeah it's the first time it's ever done it. I just bought it not too long ago and this was the third time i've used it. I noticed that there is two drain plugs in the back of the boat, not sure what they're for, but i pulled the right one and nothing came out.

Where is the battery? Are you positive the boat wasn't leaning the first few times you took it out? Can you push on the boat while it's on the trailer & hear water sloshing around? Or can you see any water under the engine?

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
Where is the battery? Are you positive the boat wasn't leaning the first few times you took it out? Can you push on the boat while it's on the trailer & hear water sloshing around? Or can you see any water under the engine?

the battery is up front in the middle. I'm pretty sure it wasn't leaning the first few times i took it out, and if it was, it wasn't as bad as last weekend. I did notice after i pulled it out of the water last weekend it did have more water in it than it has in the past, would that cause it? It also seemed harder to steer to the right than to the left, before the boat had any water in it.