Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Tennesse plant is closing...

1FootDan

Heard on another forum that the Tennesse plant was closing. Anybody else heard this? The rumor also stated that the Response LX was MD (Manufacture Discontinued) for 2009 too. Dontknow.gif

Edited by 1FootDan
I heard that a Chinese company bought Malibu and Mastercraft or maybe both.... weird. And I heard this from a very reliable source on the Internet.

Then I guess it must all be true... Whistling.gif

I heard that a Chinese company bought Malibu and Mastercraft or maybe both.... weird. And I heard this from a very reliable source on the Internet.

Oh great Cry.gif , now we are going to have to deal with all those ricer colored schemes like fast and the furious Whistling.gif

Does that mean that we will have to wear our caps backwards and pants that our too large for us too? :unsure: Oh wait... I own a Sanger now... phew... :)

Edited by 1FootDan
Heard on another forum that the Tennesse plant was closing. Anybody else heard this? The rumor also stated that the Response LX was MD (Manufacture Discontinued) for 2009 too. Dontknow.gif

As far as the Response LX being discontinued. Malibu does not list it anymone in their response line-up on the website. Could well be that the LX is a thing of the past

Oh great Cry.gif , now we are going to have to deal with all those ricer colored schemes like fast and the furious Whistling.gif

The exhaust is going to sound down right mean...I am picturing dry pipes coming out of the v-drive hatches Rockon.gif

As far as the Response LX being discontinued. Malibu does not list it anymone in their response line-up on the website. Could well be that the LX is a thing of the past

That poor horse just keeps getting whipped on. It's been discussed at length - the Response LX is still available, it's just not listed on the website.

That poor horse just keeps getting whipped on. It's been discussed at length - the Response LX is still available, it's just not listed on the website.

what about the Sunsetter Lxi?

1 Foot Dan and Stewart, how have you like the quality of your Sangers?

Sorry for the hijack.

Dontknow.gif I own a Malibu 247, at least right now I do Biggrin.gif

Oops I meant Jetski Pro. You 247 (in his case former) owners all look the same to me.

Not sure what you mean? The SLXI has been gone for a few years. Maybe you're talking the RLXI? Or the RFXI? :unsure:

Not sure what you mean? The SLXI has been gone for a few years. Maybe you're talking the RLXI? Or the RFXI? :unsure:

Just beating another horse......

Dont forget the big wings we will have to install, and the folgers coffee can exhaust pipes that will have to hang off the back of the boats.

Just beating another horse......

Keep beating horses like that and someone is going to call the ASPCA.

1 Foot Dan and Stewart, how have you like the quality of your Sangers?

Sorry for the hijack.

I simply love it! Yahoo.gif Solid as a rock! Rockon.gif Absolutely no rattles. Very well built and you can see that there is a lot of attention to details. Best boat I have ever owned! I could not ask any better in a barefoot boat... except maybe the dash... I find it a bit to retro. Put a Malibu Dash in a Sanger and you would pretty much have a perfect boat IMO.