Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfing outlawed in Oklahoma??

Bo2484

Sorry, thought we had it bad in California; can't own the gun of your choice; can't buy the same agricultural chemicals you can over in our neighbors Nevada, Oregon, Arizona; can't buy a hooker (legally) like you can in the state to the east; BUT, you can still WAKESURF (unless Arnold signed something I'm not aware of!!!)

Cheers!

What part of Oklahoma? Lake Partol warned one of my buddys that it was against the law, But know ticket has been issued that i know about. This was out west on Foss Lake.

First you have to put up with tornado's now this crap. I'd be packing my bags, it's outlawed in the northwest to so don't come here Whistling.gif .

Who said it's outlawed in the northwest?? Teak surfing is outlawed in every state-Coast Guard rules. It is because of the crarbon monoxide hazards. Teak surfing and surfing are not the same. I had this discussion with my local fat guy with a gun and won the discussion.

First you have to put up with tornado's now this crap. I'd be packing my bags, it's outlawed in the northwest to so don't come here Whistling.gif .

Who said it's outlawed in the northwest?? Teak surfing is outlawed in every state-Coast Guard rules. It is because of the crarbon monoxide hazards. Teak surfing and surfing are not the same. I had this discussion with my local fat guy with a gun and won the discussion.

I'd bet thats where the issue is. Somewhere I read about a 10' limit being put in place. I guess that means if your surfing within 10' of the boat, it's the same as teak surfing.

The fact that so many people are installing Fresh Air Exhaust systems makes me wonder if it's not valid. I realize it's also to muffle the exhaust noise but their own sales literature says it "reduces Carbon Monoxide 90%". So there must be some concern.

No offense, but personally I have no problem with surfing being illegal, but would allow it at a certain distance from the shore. I have seen docks break apart from a boat of surfers passing about 50 feet from the dock. In Quebec, it is illegal to create a wake parrallel to the shoreline within 150 feet from the shore.

No offense, but personally I have no problem with surfing being illegal, but would allow it at a certain distance from the shore. I have seen docks break apart from a boat of surfers passing about 50 feet from the dock. In Quebec, it is illegal to create a wake parrallel to the shoreline within 150 feet from the shore.

I agree, those wakes can do a lot of damage. We were out last weekend and some people were launching a wake that had some guys dock just whaling away on his boat. I'm not sure how far they were from the dock but they could have been doing it somewhere else, I just happened to notice it and I'm not sure why they didn't.

I agree, those wakes can do a lot of damage. We were out last weekend and some people were launching a wake that had some guys dock just whaling away on his boat. I'm not sure how far they were from the dock but they could have been doing it somewhere else, I just happened to notice it and I'm not sure why they didn't.

I had my boat and lift move over 8 inches on the fourth of July weekend. Not from wake surfing but wakes just the same.

You have to read a bit into 06vlx's post, get it?

Sounds like you need to call the police / sheriff / DNR office that issued you the ticket & have them quote what law they wrote the ticket under.

When you get a ticket here, at least in your car, they write the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) reference - the law you broke - on the ticket. You just look it up on the State web site to see what the actual law says. Check your ticket for anything that looks remotely like a reference number. Don't ask me how I know. Whistling.gif

I can't imagine it being outlawed here in OK since its just taking off and very few people have even seen or heard of it. As for banning it because of big waves then lets get all the 35ft cruisers of the lakes because their waves roll for miles and miles.

I know this is not OK, but I would think the law is harsher in CA. We were out surfing most of the day yesterday on the Delta and had the Sheriff pass us twice without any problems. If there is the 10' law and its a CG law I would think they would have said something Dontknow.gif

Maybe the rules are different on the Dirty Delta :)

Most lakes/rivers already have laws about distance from shore/marinas/docks on rivers etc. Irresponsible boaters are the problem and enforcement not the laws.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to read a bit into 06vlx's post, get it?

No, no, no need to do any research........just take my word......I'm from Oregon and its TOTALLY illegal, you should try California though Whistling.gif