Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hamerhead - surcharge

zaphod

Hi all,

i am trying to find out what the surcharge for the hammerhead motor in 2009 will be, but cannot find it.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by zaphod
Hi all,

i am trying to find out what the surcharge for the hammerhead motor in 2009 will be, but cannot find it.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tom

I heard it was around 6k.

Call your local dealer and ask them.

I was qouted $4000.00 when I purchased mine back in 06, I didn't get it and never have had any remorse until recently, I had about 9 people in the boat last weekend at about 4500 feet elevation and I have the OJ 468, it took some time to plain out, of course I have gotten a little crazy on the ballast aspect. That is about the only time I wish I had bought the hammerhead. Next time I think I will get it.

I thought there was something like an official surcharge list for all these availiable options and honestly expected answeres like "the hh is $6.734,- list-surcharge" ;)

Ok, so what's different when i'd order the hh-option? Just different motor, or does this include stronger tranny/drive as well?

Thank you again,

Tom

You may want to drive each boat, with each motor if it is at all possible. What you get for the HUGE HH upcharge is the ability to run a heavy boat, with lots of ballast/people and still have power. Unless you plan to use it this way, on a VERY regular basis, the HH is a WOM IMHO. BTW, I regularly drive (~100 hours worth) two 2008 RLXis--one has the HH, the other does not. I used to think I wanted the HH if I could get it. . .but not anymore. . . YMMV