Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu dropped from 40'

gregtay

I was dropping my boat off at Bake's this morning and they mentioned that Seattle Boat Company dropped a Malibu on the ground from 40' from their forklift while placing it on the racks in Lake Union this weekend Cry.gif . The boat is obviously totalled. Sounds like no one was hurt (but i am guessing the forklift op is looking for a new job.) Just curious if anyone was over in Lake Union and saw this happen? We have sat there and watched the forklift pick boats out of the water and lift them up 40' and of course thought "wow.. what if he dropped one"... never thought it would actually happen. Can't imagine what a boat looks like after a 40' fall onto concrete. I would cry if that happend to my 'bu. (then i would order an 09 with more options and ask for 10 years of free boat storage.)

You know, years ago we had a '98 Ford Super Duty. It was our first new truck & slider really liked it. He had it dolled up just the way that he wanted it. Well, he had it in for service at one point to make a minor repair on something that required it to be up on the lift. While it was up there, one of the struts on the lift broke & the truck dropped off of the lift & onto its side on the ground. It's amazing that it didn't nail the mechanic. I remember that slider wasn't happy, not at all. But even so, he didn't take it out on the service manager because the thought of what it could have done....I mean can you imagine an 8k pound truck falling from 6 or 7 feet & landing on a person? Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, & the service guy was very lucky that day.

Similar circumstances, it's a very good (& lucky) thing that no one was hurt.

We'll if I was that company, just tell the customer to go order a new boat and send them the bill. Much cheaper than any injuries or worse.

I wouldn't even think about having them store my next one..... No.gif

Lets just hope they have insurance to cover the damage, nothing worse than having your boat totaled and then having to fight to get a new one Whistling.gif

talk about a quick abrupt end to summer.

People in Lake Union have summers? Oh that's what that small break in cloud cover is Tease2.gif

Well we did this week.. but heard summer is over... rain comes back on Thursday.. won't see the sun again till next August Cry.gif

What a bummer it would be to jump in your boat & have a 30 minute drive at idle speed before you could ride. And that would be in Garbage Bay, which isn't exactly great water!

I guess you could ride along the bridge a bit further out.

Seems like there are lots better places in the area to moor a 'bu that would be closer to the riding.... and safer!

We'll if I was that company, just tell the customer to go order a new boat and send them the bill. Much cheaper than any injuries or worse.

I wouldn't even think about having them store my next one..... No.gif

Lets just hope they have insurance to cover the damage, nothing worse than having your boat totaled and then having to fight to get a new one Whistling.gif

No doubt.

10 years of free storage? More like life-time of free storage....lol

Not sure I would want them near my boat if that happened. :unsure:

Here is a photo of the stack where it happened. I believe they were placing the boat on the top rack when it fell.

Lake%20Union%20Marina.jpg