Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wally...part deux

DIE2SURF

So, as I pull into the launch ramp parking lot at the river on Saturday, I see 3 firetrucks, 4-5 police cars, and a bunch of people in tuxedos and dresses blocking the launch ramp. The first thing that hit my mind is "WTF...did somebody drown at a river venue wedding or something???" Not quite.

According to the officer I was chatting with (during the 1-hour long ordeal), some groom had a brilliant plan to jump in his flat bottom jet boat right after his nuptials and give the wedding party and guests a "show". Another MBC member who actually saw the incident as it occurred said that the groom navigated downriver for a bit (which allowed enough time for the wedding party/guests to file out onto the doc). Then he turned around, and was doing around 70 MPH right at the doc (and spectators) until he hit a wake about 30 yards away from the doc; where the boat proceeded to launch up in the air, turn upside down, eject the groom, and come crashing down approx 20 feet from the doc where everyone was standing.

Fortunately for the boat owner (yet unfortunately for the rest of we law abiding boaters), the boat was sinking right at the end of the launch ramp...so they quickly got the tow vehicle and backed the trailer into the water, where they were able to get a rope tied on before it sunk completely. One on the guys in the pic was b!tching me out the whole time I was taking the pics...yelling "why don't you take a bunch of pictures and post them all over the internet!!". Of course to which I replied "Oh don't worry...I will"

If anyone else witnessed this; feel free to correct any flaws in the story, as I got the play-by-play from the officer and MBC member.

post-5643-1221496935_thumb.jpg

Now that is funny! Maybe one of the wedding party has a video of the zipperhead trying to show off.

Tuxedo-$250

Shiny Jet Boat-$25,000

Crashing and looking like a moron on your wedding day.............PRICELESS!!!!!

Sorry I just had to do that. :Doh:

looks like it was a nice boat, is the driver in any of the pics?

From my understanding, no one was cooperating much with law enforcement (shocker). All the wet groomsmen increased the # of possible drivers. I'm checking to see if I can find the police report or anything on the local news about it. Happened in Sacramento, CA.

From my understanding, no one was cooperating much with law enforcement (shocker). All the wet groomsmen increased the # of possible drivers. I'm checking to see if I can find the police report or anything on the local news about it. Happened in Sacramento, CA.

You sure you weren't in TX....lol

Wow. So the driver was injury free/survived?

If the boat crashed that close th the dock that it could be saved while sinking then wow it is lucky the boat didn't go into the crowd.

We should have a bet as to when the bride will divorce this piece of white trash:

- Less than 6 months

- 6 to 10 months

- Less than 12 months

Trust me they won't make it past a year. All of the wedding money will go to fixing the boat. Biggrin.gif

If the boat crashed that close th the dock that it could be saved while sinking then wow it is lucky the boat didn't go into the crowd.

luck say you...a missed opportunity at population control say I. heh, heh.

Edited by gjsmith73

luck say you...a missed opportunity at population control say I. heh, heh.

If she was dumb enough to pick this winner I'm sure she'd line another dingleberry w/ in a month....lol

You sure you weren't in TX....lol

Hey Hey, that Tease2.gif hurts!

Biggrin.gif

It's really a good thing nobody got hurt but that's what happens when you try and show off, which I'm sure was happening with everyone was watching from the dock :)

I think this falls under the category of things that go wrong (& they inevitably do) when you say something like, "hey, check this out!" or, "hold my beer, watch this!"

reminds me of the joke, what are the last words you hear before dialing 911; WATCH THIS!

I think this falls under the category of things that go wrong (& they inevitably do) when you say something like, "hey, check this out!" or, "hold my beer, watch this!"

reminds me of the joke, what are the last words you hear before dialing 911; WATCH THIS!

Kinda good to see people helping out another boater to save a boat.

But...

If you do a dumbschit maneuver like that knucklehead, taking pictures and putting them on the internet is fair game in my book.

I like the tow vehicle....lowered suburban w/ chrome rims. It really completes the look Thumbup.gif

Would have been icing on the cake for the 'burb to pop its brake and roll back into the water right when they finished rescuing the boat!

My guess is that he ain't gettin' any on his wedding night.

I saw the bride and her bridesmaids...they all were a combinations of disgusted/livid/embarrassed...not to mention that each one had this vicious scowl on their faces that screamed out "I hope you all sink with that stupid boat!" Argue.gif

Edited by gjsmith73