Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Options

K2rider

Hey guys I'm new to the Malibu boats just getting out of a Ski Nautique. I just picked up a 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV with a titan tower fully loaded, but it didn't come with a cover. At the dealership I saw two different covers on the boats, the grey canvas cover that goes over the platform and the black cover that just covers the interior. I talked to a couple of the guys at the dealership and they said that the grey cover was better because it let the moisture out of the boat unlike the black one that doesn't breath at all. I just wanted to hear some other opinions about it, and if theres a link that I missed on this site could someone please post it up.

Thanks in advance guys!

I'm not sure if those are factory covers or not..... I don't even have the factory cover for my boat. But the bottom line is you want a breathable cover (like Sunbrella) on any boat. This allows moisture to escape & reduces mold & mildew if you cover the boat while it's still wet.

Do a search in this forum & you will find many of us use either Rankin or Evolution covers. Their made of Sunbrella, come in almost any color, and rated for highway speeds.

I'm not sure if either brand cover the swimstep. Mine does not. I believe this is the type of cover you would use when storing the boat on the trailer as it would be tough to get tied down when moored on the lake. You might consider that when deciding what type of cover to get.

There are lots more options.

The grey covers you are talking about are made by Great Lakes and are Sunbrella, which does breath. You can get these to cover either the platform or not cover the platform, although I think the drawstring system on the ones that cover the platform is better.

The black ones are made by Commerical Sewing and I doubt they make the cover to fit your boat (they only started making Malibu covers in 05 or 06 I think). These are towable covers are are very lightweight.

Other options include a custom snap canvas cover or a custom towing cover by Rankin or Evolution which everyone here likes.

-Chris

I wouldn't get a cover for the swimstep if your towing lots, but if your mooring or on boat lifts it might be a great idea

As mentioned the better covers breath well (sunbrella material) while on the boat, many guys post they let there boats dry under the cover, I usually open up to the first tower legs and it dries fine the the garage.

I can't speak for all the covers but to me customer service is the all and mighty and Cory at Evolution has the best customer service I have seen in along time, its nice to see some people are not out to just make a quick buck anymore. I would give Cory a call or wait for the group buy this winter and save a few bucks. Thumbup.gif

I wouldn't get a cover for the swimstep if your towing lots, but if your mooring or on boat lifts it might be a great idea

As mentioned the better covers breath well (sunbrella material) while on the boat, many guys post they let there boats dry under the cover, I usually open up to the first tower legs and it dries fine the the garage.

I can't speak for all the covers but to me customer service is the all and mighty and Cory at Evolution has the best customer service I have seen in along time, its nice to see some people are not out to just make a quick buck anymore. I would give Cory a call or wait for the group buy this winter and save a few bucks. Thumbup.gif

When do the group buys usually go on, and also how much do the covers usually go for?

When do the group buys usually go on, and also how much do the covers usually go for?

PM D-Goose he will have a better idea of the time and prices

PM D-Goose he will have a better idea of the time and prices

I will be posting the deals soon and just waiting on a few more things to fall into place. The buy is only going to be for Paid members and will only be offered to a limited number of covers do to the supply of material.

We will need a count of how many people want a cover before Evolution place's the material order.

Evolution does not have a pattern for every boat and we are working on a list of what Bu's he does have.

The color will be black from Sunbrella.

The average cost for an Evolution cover is ABOUT $800 and the discount is going Thumbup.gif to be great and will beat out the other guys Whistling.gif GB price.

As I always ask people "Do not pass around code and price's to non supporting members or on the this or any other forum".

I will have a new thread with more details with in the next few days.

I'm starting to work on many of different group buys and they will be starting soon and will last tell the beginning of next summer when I turn my attention to being on the water. I do have a normal (non boat industry) job so setting up some deals take time.

PS. I hope every one has been saving up some $$ because we are going to be having some great deals this yr. Clap.gif