Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally landed the backroll

NvBoarder

So I just wanted to share my newly added trick with the crew. As some know I have been working on this all year and landed the first one over labor day weekend. Yahoo.gif I have it pretty consistent all ready thanks to one little tip I got from Allen at Villa Logos last weekend. For those that say "I don't believe you until I see it" Here you go.

Click on link below:

This one is pretty much perfect

Edited by NvBoarder

Congrats, looked awsome. Happens to be one of my goals to get that one down.

So what was the tip you got ? Or is it a secret ? Dontknow.gif

Also what line length and speed ?

Looks great Tim, it doesn't look like your getting much speed (Is this your technique so you don't land out in the flats too much?) in your approach at the wake but you getting enough air to land it really nice Thumbup.gif

So I just wanted to share my newly added trick with the crew. As some know I have been working on this all year and landed the first one over labor day weekend. Yahoo.gif I have it pretty consistent all ready thanks to one little tip I got from Allen at Villa Logos last weekend. For those that say "I don't believe you until I see it" Here you go.

Click on link below:

</a>

This one is pretty much perfect

Looking good Tim!! Thumbup.gif

" Looks great Tim, it doesn't look like your getting much speed (Is this your technique so you don't land out in the flats too much?) in your approach at the wake but you getting enough air to land it really nice Thumbup.gif "

You shouldn't need much speed. If you come in with too much speed you're just going to increase your tendency to let off your edge and throw it more Mexi - or fly way out into the flats. I learned mine that way and am working my switch backrolls without that. I'm finding you don't need much edge/speed until right at the wake. It almost forces you to do a backroll if you edge right.

I guess I better get my game face on and step up my game and start trying back rolls again.

Drool.gif

Just let me take a shotgun to your knees. It's faster. Bash.gifTease2.gif

Oh it'd be just fantastic...no magical to to witness the beat down by Crazylady if he blow a knee out again. So go for it...lol

j/k

I guess I better get my game face on and step up my game and start trying back rolls again.

Drool.gif

Just let me take a shotgun to your knees. It's faster. Bash.gifTease2.gif

Oh it'd be just fantastic...no magical to to witness the beat down by Crazylady if he blow a knee out again. So go for it...lol

j/k

No, that's what I was trying to save him time from. The shotgun is faster than crazylady's beating.. LMAO