Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Couldn't ski on glass

Sixball

Got out last night just two of us. We had to brake out the dry suits air temp 54 at start water down to 63. Water Down 6 deg. in last four days! Only good thing is less and less boats on the water. The fishermen watch us in winter coats and think are you Crazy.gif crazy. Air temp was down to 48 when we came back in at dark.

Got out last night just two of us. We had to brake out the dry suits air temp 54 at start water down to 63. Water Down 6 deg. in last four days! Only good thing is less and less boats on the water. The fishermen watch us in winter coats and think are you Crazy.gif crazy. Air temp was down to 48 when we came back in at dark.

Dry suits? At 63*F?!?! That's balmy july water temps for around here! Maybe a shortie, but drysuits are for 50's and lower!

Dry suits? At 63*F?!?! That's balmy july water temps for around here! Maybe a shortie, but drysuits are for 50's and lower!

Baby.gif

EDIT: Oh, I feel compelled here that I MUST share when my ski partner wears his long suit. ALL FREAKIN' SUMMER!!! I'm talkin' July/August with water at 73*+.

Man I hope he reads this. . .

Edited by VinRLX
http://www.asontv.com/electronics-and-gadg...-t-man-set.html We have one of these at our Cabin! He keeps it safe during the off season, though I am sure he would make a great spotter.

He look good in the picture. Where did you find him the add is for balk orders I just need one sporter? does he look as good in person?

Oh I know you must have a name for him so what do you call your bud? ROFL.gif

Well we have been out a couple of times since. We have had More glass and we also have borrowed the neighbors young son. A very wet and overcast day today but may get some runs in. Mi. can ski up to one hour after sunset. Those runs get mighty buggy!

Does the boy get a set. Doesn't seem fair to just make him watch.

While MN is certainly not held as a bastion of freedom, I guess I should be thankful that all we need is a big mirror and a driver. No spotter required.

The law is the same here in the great white north. But... I thought that big mirror was to see how good looking I am, while pulling a skier. You mean its to watch the skier? Dontknow.gif

I tell ya, I learn something new every day from this site.

Well we have been out a couple of times since. We have had More glass and we also have borrowed the neighbors young son. A very wet and overcast day today but may get some runs in. Mi. can ski up to one hour after sunset. Those runs get mighty buggy!

Does the boy get a set. Doesn't seem fair to just make him watch.

Not yet he is only 5 years old. If his dad will let us he will be on skis next year. Just got his dad on skis this year but on a slalom now.

• 2 weeks later...