Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cannon plug

I have no picture, but if you follow the wiring conduit that come from the dash, it will lead to the cannon (dash to engine) plug. It will come out from under the sole (floor) in the engine room.

make sure to disconnect your battery before you un-plug that cannon plug

and most important, draw a line on each side so you know how to plug it back it in. The cannon plug can be plugged in 7 different ways...

make sure to disconnect your battery before you un-plug that cannon plug

and most important, draw a line on each side so you know how to plug it back it in. The cannon plug can be plugged in 7 different ways...

You sure about that? I am pretty sure my '00 response lets me do it only one way. I just had it off a couple of weeks ago, I'll have to go back and check.

I know from experience it will go together more than one way. I have since added a white line to it.

edit; The wireing that go thru my cannon plug are, temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, ignition, starting, tach, alarm from the ECM, and communications from the ECM for the dash.

Edited by electricjohn