Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

where to find Illusion X Rack

Jimmypooh

I've been searching for a ski rack for an Illusion X tower without any luck. It needs to be removable or swing-in since we put it on a lift every night. Luckily my surf board fits on my wakeboard rack, but I may want one of those as well. I have the old half turn removable racks. They are great except they are Chrome and I would prefer SS. Chrome always gets pitted. I looked at the ones I can get through the dealer but $700? Ouch. And they aren't even SS. Anyone find any good places to get some?

DIY wake has a polished aluminum ski rack for $199. They are not SS, I am not sure any one makes SS racks. Polished aluminum should not pit. They don't swing or pull off but the fingers are short and angled, which shouldn't hang out past the edge of the boat that much if any at all. DIY wake link

Edited by 2007vtx

It will scratch much easier than chrome or stainless and you'll have to re polish them after the season is over, I have alum. ones and they are on the second season with some minor scratches and nicks but once they are loaded up you can't really see any defects. You get what you pay for, but when you have a choice it's really up to you. The polishing could be done during the winter when you have some extra time Thumbup.gif

Have you tried:

http://bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=517

Edited by 68Slalom
It will scratch much easier than chrome or stainless and you'll have to re polish them after the season is over, I have alum. ones and they are on the second season with some minor scratches and nicks but once they are loaded up you can't really see any defects. You get what you pay for, but when you have a choice it's really up to you. The polishing could be done during the winter when you have some extra time Thumbup.gif

Have you tried:

http://bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=517

You're right I don't need SS just something that wont pit. I'll take a look at these. I was just hoping for something that would work that wont break the bank. seems like all IX mounted racks are expensive.

I've been searching for a ski rack for an Illusion X tower without any luck. It needs to be removable or swing-in since we put it on a lift every night. Luckily my surf board fits on my wakeboard rack, but I may want one of those as well. I have the old half turn removable racks. They are great except they are Chrome and I would prefer SS. Chrome always gets pitted. I looked at the ones I can get through the dealer but $700? Ouch. And they aren't even SS. Anyone find any good places to get some?

Bakes usually has a sale in October, last year 25% off all tower accessories. Bought 2 Titan swing racks (and a boat!) www.bakesonline.com