Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gonna DIY a bimini

Daniel

Because I enjoy doing things myself, (auto ballast system, tower speakers) and thus far they have come out better than I could have ever expected, I have decided to build my own bimini top. (Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm cheap?)

I have Titan II tower, and I'm going to copycat the Titan bimini as much as possible, but to do this, I need to know approximately how long the top is from front to back and how high it is at it's lowest point off of the floor.

For the length, I realize that the top has a center bow that creates a hump in the middle, I'm not interested right now in how long the total top is, only how far from the front bow to the back bow in a straight line, not taking into account the hump.

On the height, I want this based on a perfectly level top, ie, the front bow and back bow are the same height off of the floor.

If one of my dear Crew friends would please carry a tape measure with them the next time out, I would appreciate hearing back from you.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Thanks, I've been doing the measuring, drawing, trigonometry etc... for nearly a year, I'm gonna make it a fall project.

Daniel

I took some measurements last night when I got home but wouldn't you know it I left them there. :Doh: I'll try and remember to get them tonight.

Daniel - Why would you copy a bad bimini design? The Titan bimini does not go far enough forward nor is it wide enough. If you could design one that projects around the front legs of the tower you would really have something.

If you try and keep the bimini level, depending on how high you start it in the back will make it very short. The one thing I liked about towerbiminis.com version is that he lowered it in the front so he could make it both wider and longer and I think it looks cool with a little rake to it.

Dwayne