Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 VLX with Titan tower

ride4fun

I doubt they've built one yet, but give 'em some time and you'll see it.

I have heard that they are changing the bimini to come off the top of the tower instead of being underneath. Curious to see how that will look. Then again you know how rumors are. Thanks

Ok... now that ^^^^^ Rocks! I think I'd have to go with a Titan now over an Illusion.... Just hoping this here lottery ticket is a winner!

There is no doubt in my mind that if we ordered a new boat I'd have a Titan again. The above style biminy isn't a big deal to me, but I'm sure it'll be a big seller for Titan as people complained about the low biminy in the past.

I bought my Malibu FOR the Illusion Tower..... If I wanted to look like every other boat on the lake then I would have got a Titan. Will my Illusion, I only look like a Tige...... Cry.gif

I bought my Malibu FOR the Illusion Tower..... If I wanted to look like every other boat on the lake then I would have got a Titan. Will my Illusion, I only look like a Tige...... Cry.gif

Towers are personal choices for sure. IMO you can't beat the strength and light weight of a Titan. Plus a tower mirror doesn't look dorkey on it either! Clap.gif

Edited by CTSunsetter

The OTB stows in the zippered storage boot in just a few seconds. All of the fittings are quick release, so it disconnects from the front wishbone by remove those four pins, and then the whole things zips into the boot.

Technically you wouldn't even need to store it to fold the tower, if you just unclip the straps at the rear of the tower to fold it, and then re-clip them when you raise the tower back up.

titan_over_the_top_bimini_2.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I like it much better. Now you can walk under the bimini and it appears to be much more sturdy. That was the main reason I never ordered the Titan.

Thanks for the pics. I like it much better. Now you can walk under the bimini and it appears to be much more sturdy. That was the main reason I never ordered the Titan.

Plus1.gif

My brother dumped the Illusion off his XTI a couple years ago & upgraded to the Titan III. He loves it. Way stronger & more versatile as far as racks are concerned.

A buddy of mine had a custom bimini made for above his Titan II a few years ago. Makes me think any shop could make this on damn near any tower.

post-821-1221085572_thumb.jpg

"Well if I have some extra cash next year...." I think I'm going to have someone build me a look-a-like to that Bimini for my T-II.

(Stewart's idea of "extra cash" and mine are WAAAAY different...)

Pat

We've built a few towers for the new VLX so it shouldn't be too long before some pictures make it out there.

Here is a shot of our new Over The Top bimini:

titan_otb_800.jpg

That looks great Thumbup.gif I like the shinny look!