Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do you lock up your skis?

Lovetoski

I am curious what people do to lock up their equipment if they choose to leave it in the boat. I have an LSV. It has locks on the back compartments, but if you have to slide your ski under the seat to get it into the back compartment then locking the back is useless. Has anyone come up with inovative ideas to get past this?

Take it home with you. I never leave anything on the boat if I'm not going to be able to see the boat at all times.

Ditto.

Twice our dock was cased when I lived on Sammamish. And twice my boat was untouched while others got wiped out.

Take it home with you. I never leave anything on the boat if I'm not going to be able to see the boat at all times.

Plus1.gif

Take everything home and don't lock the rear hatches. If they are locked, a thief will assume there is something good inside and will probably damage the hatches/seat trying to pry it open. I would rather they just open the unlocked hatch and see for themselves that nothing is in there.

Take my good skis and 2 wakeboard, tube and life jack up to the house

2 weeks ago some of the gas cans were stolen off pontoon boats.

Edited by MalibuNation

Some times while camping, I'll lock the wakeboards in the racks and to the tower with a cable lock.

Otherwise, my super valuable sky ski and foil are locked in their Thule racks mounted to the top of the tower.

...... sky ski and foil are locked in their Thule racks mounted to the top of the tower.

Thule rack on your tower, huh. Seems like we've discussed this before. Very innovative stuff, Pete.

I do the same thing with a cable lock thru the SkySki seat tower & around the tower when we are away from the boat for any amount of time, but on the CompTech racks.

Pic.

I now have a second set of racks under that one to hold the foil.

HEhe, yep, I remember it now.

A few years ago I had my boat all loaded up with gear & cruised up to a friend's houseboat. They were on top, looking down on us & he says, "Damn, look at you, right out of a Mt Dew commercial."

Pete, I think you've taken that to a whole other level.

In 2 weeks I gotta remember to take a pic. I'll have 6 wake boards, 2 ropes, the sky ski and foil all on the tower.

I'll be lucky if it doesn't collapse from the weight. Biggrin.gif