Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone run Acme 857?

I know this is an old thread, but is anyone running a 857 on a VLX and pleased with the results for surfing/wakeboarding/slalom and if so what amount of ballast are you using?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SacRiverRat

• WakeGirl

• Ronnie

• jwl019

I know this is an old thread, but is anyone running a 857 on a VLX and pleased with the results for surfing/wakeboarding/slalom and if so what amount of ballast are you using?

WOW, a 7 year old thread from the grave. I did a bit of web searching since I've never seen this prop referenced. From what I can tell, it's an older prop that you can still buy from some vendors (though Acme may no longer make it), but other props have replaced it as better alternatives (1235 / 1273). Wakeprops lists 70 different Acme props on thier website and this isn't one of them (Acme has 154 listed on their website, which is why I am guessing some may be discontinued). I don't think I could find a thread newer than 2006 on any forum talking about this prop...I'm sure there is a good reason for that.

Unless you are running a ton of ballast, I can't imagine you will need something quite this aggressive. 537/1939 would probably be a better choice...I just ordered a 1939 yesterday. :)

Yeah, I figured it was an older prop, but saw it for $200 and it crossed my mind if it would be worth it or not. I am still thinking I want a 1939, just don't want to pay for a new one. If I find a great price on a 537, I may get it, but the 1939next is really what I want.

Where did you order yours from?

Yeah, I figured it was an older prop, but saw it for $200 and it crossed my mind if it would be worth it or not. I am still thinking I want a 1939, just don't want to pay for a new one. If I find a great price on a 537, I may get it, but the 1939next is really what I want.

Where did you order yours from?

Just ordered mine from Wakeprops. They were able to match the price from Deep Blue Yacht Supply:

http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/propellers/acme-props-4blade/ModelNumber/ACME-1939

I ordered the Acme Weekend Saver (C-clamp version) with it as I sent the POS OJ puller kit back. Everything shipped was $628.34 out the door. That price was also matching Deep Blue on their puller kit too, the cheapest I could find that as well.

After my research, the 537 is just a dated prop compared to the 1939...figured I might as well spend a little more and get the best performing prop for my needs and not make a sacrifice.