Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 247 LSV WS - How to remove graphics?

SVTHorsnake

How can I remove the factory "Wake Setter" graphics? Is it a matter of just getting my nails under them? If I do, is there glue that I'll have to work on pulling?

I have a Porter Cable and am pretty experienced on removing contaminants from car paint, but a clear coat is very different from a gelcoat so I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Never removed anything from my boat, but I used to have a Porsche Boxster S and took the "Boxster S" that was glued on the trunk. They best way I found to remove that was some dental floss and just slowly saw slightly through it. Then a some kind of goo gone to remove any residue followed by a good wax job.

It was cheap and effective.

I have used a hair dryer, get the decal hot and then get under it with your finger nails and it should peel right up. Whatever residue is left, you can use Goo Gone and a plastic puddy knife or old credit card.

I have used a hair dryer, get the decal hot and then get under it with your finger nails and it should peel right up. Whatever residue is left, you can use Goo Gone and a plastic puddy knife or old credit card.

Plus1.gif Wax after.. Heat gun works.

Heat & Goo Gone or Goof Off is definitely the trick..... followed by wax. I've used this method to remove the decals off several trucks & boats.

Careful with a heat gun. I've never done it, but can imagine you could damage gel coat if it gets too hot. They are available at Harbor Freight for like $10.

I've also just left the boat sitting out in the sunshine & been able to peel the decals off pretty easily.